Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: FIRST TIME ARMY WIFE... HELP! (long-ish)

1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

FIRST TIME ARMY WIFE... HELP! (long-ish)

Advertisements
    Okay so, as of Dec. 8 '07 DF and I will be married. He's coming home from AIT Dec. 6 and has a report date to his first duty station of Jan. 20.

I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. I need to know exactly what needs to be done so that I can go with him right away. I'm not sure where to start. If I go with him right away, and I only take the necessary things and leave our furniture and what not behind, how can I get these things to where we are? Does the military do this? Exactly how much of the move do they pay for and is it a one time move?

I also had a question about BAH. When does he start getting this? I wanted to know because we have already looked into apartments where we will be located. If we get approved from here, we're definitely going to take that option instead of waiting for housing. If that's the case, we're hoping to start living there by Jan 15. Since I know his BAH will be what pays rent, when do we start getting this? Can we get it right away? Still not sure how this works.

I am beyond stressed out about this, and since DF is still at AIT he really has no way of looking up things or getting things planned and settled so, as always, it's up to me to sort things out and get ready for our big move. ANY help and advice is very appreciated at this point.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  2. I love my guardsman!!!
    I love my guardsman!!!
    um....... i cant help out much.......all i know is that we got bah after 30 days of my dh being gone(to basic) but then again we were already married....so im not sure how it works...........sorry i wasnt much help, but i just wanted to say i hope you get the answers you need!
    We accept the love we think we deserve.
  3. Senior Member
    Gosh mine was years ago (been married years and years).

Don'T QUOTE ME.

I think it's effective immediately or within 30 days? I also think he has to take your marriage license in to add you to DEERS and get his BAH increased (was he already living out in town? or is this his first move to living out in town). In either case, it will get added into his pay. This will be reflective on his LES (i.e. paystub).

TTYL

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  4. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Well thank you for the estimate on time for the BAH, you don't know the exact time? This will be his first duty station and our first move together. He get's more for being married?
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  5. Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Not afraid to be lonely, but I still wanna learn about love.
    Blog Entries
    Good question...this is something that I need to know too for the future!
  6. angel91886
    BAH should start the day he puts you in the system as his wife. So you should get your first BAH payment in January. Because that will be the first pay period that includes BAH. If it doesn't then he needs to talk to his CoC.
    Hope this helps. Congrats on getting married
  7. angel91886
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki63 View Post
    Well thank you for the estimate on time for the BAH, you don't know the exact time? This will be his first duty station and our first move together. He get's more for being married?
    He won't get extra for moving there because you weren't married the whole time he was away. (found all that out the hard way >.<) He might get pay for moving but not for you to move as well.