Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First Duty Station

1. Thiogon

First Duty Station

Advertisements
    I talked with my wife last night, she told me that if she comes home for Christmas break, then she does not get leave to move us with her to the first duty station.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or will they work with her so we all move at the same time?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

They only get so much leave a year, but exodus is exempt, from what I understand, so she should be fine to get both if that's how y'all want to do it.
  3. Knyghtsangel
    I'm not sure what branch you are, but I know that we've always received 10 days Permissive TDY that's not chargeable against DH's leave. In fact, most recently, upon returning from Korea DH took 2 weeks leave, then signed into Replacement and then took his 10 days after signing into his unit. She should get a more definitive answer upon reaching her first duty station. You might have to stay at your current residence while she's inprocessing, and then once she gets to her actual unit she should be given something like permissive TDY to get the family moved.
  4. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyghtsangel View Post
    I'm not sure what branch you are, but I know that we've always received 10 days Permissive TDY that's not chargeable against DH's leave. In fact, most recently, upon returning from Korea DH took 2 weeks leave, then signed into Replacement and then took his 10 days after signing into his unit. She should get a more definitive answer upon reaching her first duty station. You might have to stay at your current residence while she's inprocessing, and then once she gets to her actual unit she should be given something like permissive TDY to get the family moved.
    I believe the permissive tad is based on rank and time in service.

My little Loves!
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    if they close down school then I think that it doesn't count toward her total leave count. ( i can't remember if you said she was in boot or school) meaning she can come home for christmas and move with you. I think.. however did she get her info from her direct supervisor?

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Thiogon
    She heard it from her Drill in AIT and they said it was a possibility but she was not sure what would come of it