Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time PCS-ing..

1. *pinkie*

Question First time PCS-ing..

Advertisements
    well..at least for me and our girls..our whole marriage we've been stationed out here in San Diego..DH just got orders for VA..hes IA deployed right now and I have no idea what needs to be done or how to go about anything..I think the biggest headache is to a place to live..
  2. Senior Member
    when are you moving??? There are great ladies in VA that can help too
    Finding more and more truth to the words written in red.-B&D

Goodness speaks in a whisper, evil shouts.
    Tibetan proverb

The greater love is a mother's; then comes a dog's; then a sweetheart's.
    Polish Proverb
  3. Senior Member
    First breathe. Usually your move will not get set up until you have a hard copy of the orders. It is all online through Smartweb move. That will walk you through most of everything. In the mean time I would sort out the things you no longer want and get rid of them and start researching schools and neighborhoods. Good luck.
    blinkies by Britt
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *pinkie* View Post
    well..at least for me and our girls..our whole marriage we've been stationed out here in San Diego..DH just got orders for VA..hes IA deployed right now and I have no idea what needs to be done or how to go about anything..I think the biggest headache is to a place to live..
    I'm in VA PM me, I will give you my phone number and help you. We are Navy.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I did a move by myself. amber is right you can't do anything until you get the hard orders and you need a POA, if your in housing some of them want a special one, i needed a special before it went PPV, anyway, i set up the whole move on line, the packers came, i hired a cleaner and since i hired the cleaner i didn't need to be there for the final inspection, i have sence learned that is a housing in bremerton thing, before ppv only LOL. you should start that about a two months before your due to leave, most places only require 30 days notice if your in a lease. if you need to break a lease and there is no military moving clause you might need to pay a little extra, i would also strongly suggest getting triple A. i am in VA now feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I picked up my DH at the airport in seattle and drove to Chicago, he never went back to our house in Bremerton.
  6. Angel
    Angel

Question When do I go online

to have our items shipped to California. Can I wait until we get housing or does it have to be done now? Im so lost when it comes to this stuff with moving housing and all this.
    I My AT3
  7. Angel
    Angel
    darn it I posted this in the wrong place ugh!
    I My AT3
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    The ladies are right nothing can happen till you have a hard copy of the orders.. Also you will need a special POA to ship household goods. ( our last move i handled since he was on the boat) check with housing ( if you are in housing) and see what you might need to vacate housing. I need a special POA that said I could start and stop allotments specific to the company ( as in American Eagle had to be named in the POA I know) If you aren't going to be living in housing a broker is a great place to start when you are renting. they know areas and can help you get a great place and they work hard for you.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. *pinkie*
    You guys are awesome!
    We're definately going to have a busy month when he gets back from deployment..instead of relaxing, he gets to help get everything ready.
    Im really excited to go to Norfolk. I was going to look into housing but I guess 3 bedrooms are a 3-6 month wait.. whats wierd about norfolk housing is that they lump all their 3 bedroom places on the same wait list...out here in SD its seperated by housing areas.
    you think it would be a good idea for hubby to go out to VA without us and go geo bachelor until housing comes up with someplace..I was looking at renting houses in va beach and rent is all or more of what we would get for BAH and for little run down townhouses.. Maybe buying out in Norfolk would be better?
  10. *pinkie*
    Quote Originally Posted by JKirstiH View Post
    when are you moving??? There are great ladies in VA that can help too
    We leave San Diego in February..so however long it takes to go across country with kidlets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast