Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question about PCS travel?

1. gss1981

Question about PCS travel?

Advertisements
    I know that you get paid per mile for moving, if you move in a car. What if we have two vehicles to move? We'd have 5 passengers split amongst 2 vehicles. Is it .20 per mile for one car (saying 4 in that car) and then .15 per mile for car 2 (just the driver)?

Just wondering.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    you will get paid for both, I don't know what they use to calculate it, but your dh will have to take in the registration and insurance for both cars to be able to get paid for both of them.. Actually I think they split it as evenly as possible you get like a penny more that way per mile. honestly with all the moves we did I never figured out how they work it.. we got paid for all 5 of us the last time we moved even with the kids going ahead of us.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. gss1981
    Thanks. DH will probably go a day or two ahead of us. I wasn't sure how it worked to get paid for moving.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    you will get 20 cents per mile per person per car--

so if there are five total and 2 go in one car- it will be 40 cents per mile.

then 3 go in the second car it will be 60 cents per mile.

this recently changed ( sept 26th).

also if you are going seperately ad have it approved you will get 109 per spouse- AD + spouse (since you will be traveling seperately) each dependant 12 and up will recieve 75%, and each dependant under 12 will recieve 50%- this just changed also - 10/01/07

both can be found in the JFTR-- immediate changes link.
  5. Senior Member
    We only got paid for one vehicle, then per diem for each person, there were 4 of us. Dh's vehicle was the only one they paid mileage for.
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  6. gss1981
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    What is JFTR? Sorry, this has been our only duty station for the past 6 years.
  7. gss1981
    I found it.

Thanks!
  8. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    you will get paid for both, I don't know what they use to calculate it, but your dh will have to take in the registration and insurance for both cars to be able to get paid for both of them.. Actually I think they split it as evenly as possible you get like a penny more that way per mile. honestly with all the moves we did I never figured out how they work it.. we got paid for all 5 of us the last time we moved even with the kids going ahead of us.
    All DH needed (when we did this in April) was the License plate number, the make, model and year.

We moved with 2 cars from TX to San Diego.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Whenever we transferred, it was something like 50 cents per mile for the first vehicle and then 30 cents for the second. Each person got some much for food and then total for lodging. I think it was the service member got $50 for food, I was something like $30, and our son was $15.

Keep your gas receipts!!! For both vehicles!

Something like that.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Whenever we transferred, it was something like 50 cents per mile for the first vehicle and then 30 cents for the second. Each person got some much for food and then total for lodging. I think it was the service member got $50 for food, I was something like $30, and our son was $15.

Keep your gas receipts!!! For both vehicles!

Something like that.

you will get 20 cents per mile per person per car--

so if there are five total and 2 go in one car- it will be 40 cents per mile.

then 3 go in the second car it will be 60 cents per mile.

this recently changed ( sept 26th).

also if you are going seperately ad have it approved you will get 109 per spouse- AD + spouse (since you will be traveling seperately) each dependant 12 and up will recieve 75%, and each dependant under 12 will recieve 50%- this just changed also - 10/01/07