Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok still confused about housing...

1. coulson21

Help Ok still confused about housing...

Advertisements
    So I cant put in for housing until we get his station orders right? Now we are supposed to report to ft. drum around 12/30 (dh thinks). But to make sure I understand, we basically just go up there and live in a hotel? I'm a little nervouse just up and moving across country without knowing where we are going to live! Also, when does the army help us move? I thought they did but not completly sure. If so, when are we supposed to call them? DH graduates 12/14. THis is so scary!!!!
  2. Sarahetaylor

Ft Drum Housing

Since my bf and I werent married we didnt live on base...but Fort Drum housing is really hard to come by they're in the process of building right now so its best to get on the housing list asap! They have The Inn on post where most have to stay anywhere from a week to a month...if you have any questions let me know because I'm still at fort drum waiting for my soldier to come home!!!
  3. Senior Member

ft drum

I changed my name to Iluvmysoldier.... no longer sarahetaylor
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    usually with most places you can't put in for housing until you are physically there to check in. You can however call and see what the wait time might be for your situation to see if perhaps you might be better off moving out in town. staying at the lodge will get expensive after a while and the army won't pay for that. Your dh will have to set the move at PSD to get you all moved out there. I know regularly you can go to smartwebmove and do it yourself, but since he is still in AIT it might be different for them.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

the movers should come and pack your things about a week or two before the move date. I would get DH to check out all this information with his comander (write him a list) and that way you will know for sure. I don't hink you can get on the housing list until you actually have orders and they will put you in billiting until they have a house for you. Good luck

6. gss1981
    Sometimes, you can get on the waiting list before you move there, as long as you have physical orders. However, I believe that your time on the wait list doesn't start until you physically check in.
  7. gss1981
    http://fortdrummch.com/become_resident/index.asp

That link can help you out. It's housing information.
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    usually with most places you can't put in for housing until you are physically there to check in. You can however call and see what the wait time might be for your situation to see if perhaps you might be better off moving out in town. staying at the lodge will get expensive after a while and the army won't pay for that. Your dh will have to set the move at PSD to get you all moved out there. I know regularly you can go to smartwebmove and do it yourself, but since he is still in AIT it might be different for them.

See, when we move to SC it'll be the second time in housing for us and both times they "reserved" us a place before we even got there. We had this address and everything before we left VA and SC told us that we'll know which house they are putting us in when it gets closer to the move. There are also no waiting lists here or in SC so I'm sure that may make it different. We just had to fax them our orders and a filled out application.
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    See, when we move to SC it'll be the second time in housing for us and both times they "reserved" us a place before we even got there. We had this address and everything before we left VA and SC told us that we'll know which house they are putting us in when it gets closer to the move. There are also no waiting lists here or in SC so I'm sure that may make it different. We just had to fax them our orders and a filled out application.
    oh I know, every time we move we hear the old, if you had just faxed us your orders you could have gotten on the list... so I tell them, I tried and you all said no.. then they say oh well that person didn't know what they were talking about. sometimes I just wish it was universal.. Your dh is an instructor right?? they usually get moved to the top of the list priority and all.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Every time we have moved, when you get there with hard copy orders then you get on the list. Why not call up and see what the waiting list time frame is. If there isn't a shot for you to get a house in 1 month, I would start looking at the local papers to find an apartment. Check the PD department to see where there are criminals (e.i. sex offenders, ect) in the community and see where a good place to rent is.

You will get 10 days paid hotel. That is when he gets his check out of his last area. Just where he is staying. I always figure you have 5 days per duty station.

Don't worry about moving...most of us have done the "I don't know" move before!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast