Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving money question

1. Senior Member

Moving money question

Advertisements
    Edit.
    Last edited by thejibstah; 03-31-2009 at 11:34 PM.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    it depends on what he asked for. he is authorized to ask for advance travel, advance pay and DLA (dislocation allowance).
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I wouldn't touch the money until he knows for certion. If you go to mypay and go down father then then LES it will state what it was I believe. Something like travel and voucher
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I would check first too

5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    It wont be on the LES till the end of the month. Have your DH go to PSD to find out for sure what he got and how much.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    on his check out list it should have on there what he requested, he was the one that put in for what he received! You do have to remember DLA is a big chunk of change that you don't have to pay back at all...that right there in it self is alot and and people forget that.

Its pretty easy to figure out if your getting close to the correct amount or not though, I'll be leaving the house here in a bit to go to work, but i'll be logging on when I get there and if you want just drop me a pm and let me know where your stationed at and where your going to and what rank your dh is and I'll figure out about how much you should be getting and then you should know if what you have is about right or not. also let me know if you are traveling with 1 or 2 cars, that makes a difference or not aswell...Dawn
  7. Banned
    Banned
    also a quick note-- effective 10-1-07 the per diem went up- it is now 109 for the AD member, 81.75 for the spouse and each child over 12 and 54.50 for each child under 12. and effective 10-21-07 the tiering for MALT stopped and the rate increased to 20 cents per person per mile.
  8. Senior Member
    moving money won't show up on your LES...on the menu where you usually choose the LES, scroll down and near the bottom will be a Travel Voucher Advice of Payment. That is what you are looking for.

Like others have said, it's pretty easy to figure out if you've gotten what you were supposed to as long as you know what your DH asked for.

He can also call PSD and they can quickly tell him the breakdown of what he got and what it was for.
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Hang onto a portion of it until you're sure you werent over-paid. That's better than using it and then them taking it from your paychecks.
  10. gss1981

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dawnie~ View Post
    You do have to remember DLA is a big chunk of change that you don't have to pay back at all...that right there in it self is alot and and people forget that.
    I don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but, what is DLA??? This has been our only duty station. We moved here when DH first joined the Marine Corps. We didn't get anything (his orders showed for him, myself, his DD, and our DS to move here) except for the moving reimbursement. We found a place to rent the day we moved here because we knew literally nothing about a move. And, with moving next year to a new place, I'd like to be as informed as possible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast