Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT. CARSON LADIES...

1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

FT. CARSON LADIES...

Advertisements
    DF is at AIT... and it looks like our first duty station is Ft. Carson! I should be there January-ish. Any information on Ft. Carson or the area (I mean ANY information) could be really helpful! Thanks so much!

**Also, I was just wondering if anyone might know if they happen to deploy a lot? I don't really know how that's determined but if anyone knows if they do or anything like that, that'd be helpful too.
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We live here...my dh is in the reserves here and he works over on Peterson AF base...he did work on Carson though and I have a bunch of friends on Carson so anything you want to know just ask. The area is very pretty but we do get alot of snow so be prepared. As for deployment it will depend on what area hes going to. Some areas so deploy alot. Do you have any specific questions about the town or anything? Ft Carson is in Colorado Springs, I actually live in Pueblo and its ALOT cheaper down here thats why we choose to live down here and my dh drives the 30 minutes to work. If you can think of anything you wnat to know just ask i'm not sure what you wnat to know...if I don't know the answer I will find out for you
  3. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Thank you so much! As far was weather, what do I need to be prepared for? DF lived in Pueblo as a kid, but has been living in TX for a while now. And I'm a born and raised southern Texas girl so I'm definitely not used to snow or anything below 35! Haha. Also, how would I determine if there's a good chance for him getting deployed? Does his MOS make a difference in that? Thanks so much for the help and information... I'll defnitely be sending more questions your way as soon as I come up with them!
  4. After all you're my wonderwall
    After all you're my wonderwall
    I'm moving to Fort Carson also in Jan!!! We were just looking at apartments online...there are two we really like, but now i'm thinking about looking at Pueblo (thanks to Dawnie)...I love CO. Springs, we were just there about two weekends ago. I do have a lot of questions about moving, but I don't even know where to start...
  5. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by allypooh View Post
    I'm moving to Fort Carson also in Jan!!! We were just looking at apartments online...there are two we really like, but now i'm thinking about looking at Pueblo (thanks to Dawnie)...I love CO. Springs, we were just there about two weekends ago. I do have a lot of questions about moving, but I don't even know where to start...
    Yay someone else! Haha. You're not looking into on-post housing? I would love to keep things cheaper and move out to Pueblo but I still have to talk it over with DF... we'll see what happens! Anyways, it's nice to know someone else is moving the same way as I am... just wondering, what's your SOS's MOS? Maybe it's the same thing?
  6. only person you can save, is yourself
    only person you can save, is yourself
    they MIGHT move DB to ft carson too. and if they do, i'm so moving out there with him. considering we are gonna be married in a couple of months. so cool.. this answers for multiple people
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    rents are alot cheaper here in Pueblo and if your looking to buy its really alot cheaper to buy here. and a 30 minute compute isn't a bad at all, my dh doesn't mind it at all one bit.

The weather hasn't been to bad here yet, today its about, 46 and cloudly it was raining earlier but not now. but it does get colder when its snowing, but it gets alot colder in Springs, you have to remember Colorado Springs is higher up then Denver even...so it gets in negitive numbers in the winter!
  8. After all you're my wonderwall
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki63 View Post
    Yay someone else! Haha. You're not looking into on-post housing? I would love to keep things cheaper and move out to Pueblo but I still have to talk it over with DF... we'll see what happens! Anyways, it's nice to know someone else is moving the same way as I am... just wondering, what's your SOS's MOS? Maybe it's the same thing?
    mike and i are only "dating" hahaha. i'm not really ready to get married. we do have a daughter together.. i really like how things are right now.. we have had a few problems this year and i just feel like we need to really be together before everything else..if you know what i mean.. he does what to get married..but i'm not ready..i thought i was, but like i said, we need to just be near each other again..So we are moving and we just called about an apartment..so we will have to see...
  9. After all you're my wonderwall
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Dawnie~ View Post
    rents are alot cheaper here in Pueblo and if your looking to buy its really alot cheaper to buy here. and a 30 minute compute isn't a bad at all, my dh doesn't mind it at all one bit.

The weather hasn't been to bad here yet, today its about, 46 and cloudly it was raining earlier but not now. but it does get colder when its snowing, but it gets alot colder in Springs, you have to remember Colorado Springs is higher up then Denver even...so it gets in negitive numbers in the winter!
    I hate the cold weather... So i'm going to look into Pueblo, do you feel safe and stuff there..i mean, i know its a weird question---but i'll be living with my daughter alone, and i just want to know the overall feeling..is pueblo the same size as the springs? more or less?
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Pueblo is a smaller area, I feel safer here in Pueblo then in Springs since it is a smaller area. Were not a big city. We still have alot here just not as big if you know what I mean.

Heres the difference is size

Springs population is 369,815 and there elevation is 6035 ft

Pueblo's is 103,495 population and our elevation is 4724 ft

so there is a big there is a big difference in the two places to me....Springs is twice the size as Pueblo...We do have a mall here in Pueblo and we have all I need here...I do go up to Springs every now and then, and once a month or so I do go to the base and do my grocery shopping but thats it...other than that I don't go to Springs that much because Pueblo has everything I need here..we have 4 Super Wal-Marts, a Sams Club, Target, Dillards, Big Lots..we even have a zoo..all the fun things..lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast