Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Basic/Bootcamp Photo

1. Senior Member

Basic/Bootcamp Photo

Advertisements
    The other day. I read everyone talking about their SO's bootcamp/basic Photo. It got me thinking, a few questions

1. Was your SO able to order more than one copy of the photo and/or can you take it to a photo place and have copies made or do they have a restriction on it.

2. What size were the photos? Was it 5 X 7? That's my guess, but just what size were yours.

3. Did they get them at graduation or were the mailed or... How did you get the photo (or our SO's family get the photo)

Long story short, He'll graduate in mid November, so I was thinking about it for Christmas present for his Aunt, MOm, and Grandma. I was going to go to ThingsRemembered (I have a frequent buyer card there) and get a nice wood frame and have it engraved with his name and graduation date. One for each of them.

Anyone like the idea? Think I should put anything else in the engraving? Any other ideas?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Mine and dh's were 8 x 10... but usually there are different packages that you can order.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    ex db was navy so it might be different but he got them either the day of grad or the day after i cant remember but i carried them home on the plane with me from graduation he got a whole package deal thing there was a bunch of diff sizes and we made copies afterwards thats a good xmas present

4. Senior Member
    I just have to figure out how to get them without his aunt,mom, and grandma wanting them right away, haha. OK, so different packages. I guess I have to get that info from him before i order the frames, haha
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You can order differnt packages. At RTC Great Lakes I've seen some of John's recruits have different backgrounds as well. If I remember correctly John got his RDC pics during the division. I know John has some of his recruits pics and he got them while they were still his recruits so they had to have gotten them by graduation time. The bootcamp pic we have of John is an 8x10.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dh threw his out because he thought they looked "stupid"
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'd find out where they're going, hun. DH's were mailed to me directly a few weeks before he graduated. If you guys aren't married, they may be mailed directly to his mom. Depends on where his HOR is.

They should get a choice of packages, lots of sizes to choose from.

Hope that helps!
  8. PACK YOUR BAGS!!!
    PACK YOUR BAGS!!!
    DH had oral surgery the day they took pics, so he didnt bother buying them.
    You are worth taking on the world...

No More Ticker...HE IS HOME