Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me? Join the Army?

1. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Me? Join the Army?

Advertisements
    My husband made a joke the other day about me joining the Army and him staying home with the kids.

And I've actually been seriously thinking of it.

Neither of us are really thrilled with our current 'role' in life - I'm not all that great at being a Sahm, I still wish I could get out and work - and he's still slowly recovering from his injury - he's at a point where soon he'll be out of the military officially and at this point he has no possition lined up to step into - he's still limited as to what he can do so he's worried and scratching his head.

Any input on this role reversal?
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I am a SAHM and my DH would be clueless to that role. Getting the kids, up, fed ready for school and drive them would be hard forget about the rest. We talked about this last night. When we went to bed he said "Go to work for me tomorrow". I told him sure if you, and gave him a run down of what I needed to do that he could do for me. About halfway down the list he said"Nevermind".
  3. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    I, personally, Think that could work! I loved being in the military, if my dh hadnt been higher ranking than me, i was going to stay in and he was going to get out to take care of gaven...it took me 2 years to adjust to being a civilian again
  4. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I'm not concerned about my hubby taking over how things are done at home - I'm horrible at it, I put off laundry and routine cleaning 'cause I hate it with a passion.
    And he's just as good as anyone at taking care of the kids - better than me, actually, and we've always know that. Better than me because he's more actively aware of where the kids are and what they're doing - I can and often do slip away when watching tv or something and the kids get into all sorts of stuff
  5. annmarie
    If you can do it I say go for it girl........... your a better woman than me, I dont know if I could hack the military........ actually I know I couldn't. I'm not a sahm anymore I work full time and do all the mom and home things the rest of the time but I really enjoyed the years I was home with the boys. Some women are happier with careers and if your DH is for the idea, DO IT!!!!!
  6. Live, Laugh, Love
    Live, Laugh, Love
    Camp Pendleton....wishing i was still in Okinawa.
    I say if you and your DH think it would be a good thing then go for it. I was considering joining the Marine Corps or Navy but not to sure now.
  7. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    I'm like you, I would be the WORST sahm.. I commend those that can do it, but I know it's just not for me. I think it would be an awesome idea, you obviously know what it entails so its not like going in blindly
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  8. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    I'll talk with him tonight about it.
    He might have brought it up purely as a joke - or thought about it only because he's frustrated with his job outlook...I need to be sure before I entertain the idea for too long.
  9. Alyss
    If I were you I would talk to your DH about it and see what he has to say, something like "you know the comment you made about me joining the army, I have seriously been thinking about it. What do you think?" something like that!
  10. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    I think it would be a cool idea, if it's something you'd be interested. Let us know what the hubby says tonight!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast