Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Warrent Officer

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Warrent Officer

Advertisements
    I'm wondering if any of you ladies have any info. on this. John just informed that he applied for a program called blue to green today. So he would no longer be Navy but instead, Army. He said there are openings for helicopter pilots and he fits exactly what they want and asked for. The only thing that could hold him back is he is under a bonus contract (he signed a re-enlistment where he is getting a bonus) with the Navy til 2010. They said they will look into going around it somehow but if they can't then they told him to reapply in 2010. TIA.
  2. Senior Member
    My hubby went through the Blue to Green program in January to switch from the Air Force to the Army. I'm not sure if the bonus contract would hold him back, he can probably ask the recruiter...although they weren't very helpful to us. Blue to Green is relatively new and I think they're still working out some of the kinks. Good luck!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    How long did the whole acceptance process take? I asked John when we would know either way and he said he didn't know. He did say he would have to go to Army boot camp. I will probably get a good laugh at that. He is a Navy drill instructor now so to see him on the other side will be interesting. I'm sure his recruits would love to see that, too. He also said the school for the helicopter pilot is about 6 months. If he does get accepted I'll have a million questions since I know nothing of the Army way of life.
  4. Senior Member
    My DH went and started everything in....August or September last year and he left for all his training at the end of January. They kept screwing his stuff up though, it wasn't supposed to take that long. They should know fairly quickly if he's eligable or not.

He won't have to do all of basic, they have whats called Warrior Transition Course, its a month long. My DH did 2 weeks in Santa Fe and then 2 weeks at White Sands Missile Range, but some people are now going to Ft. Sill for it I think. He said it wasn't too bad. I got to talk to him just about every night so that was nice.

Fell free to let me know if theres anything else about the program, WTC, or the Army I'm an Army brat so I was excited when he decided to switch.