Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warrant officers?

1. MoMo

Warrant officers?

Advertisements
    DH went to the board yesterday and got 144 out of 150 cause he didnt have a haircut. Well they told him that he is way too smart to be a cook and he needs to become a warrant officer when he comes back from Afghanistan. He is an E4 and will be an E5 in about a month. I am so proud of him, but what exactly is a warrant officer?

Im pretty new at this and I dont know a lot of the ranks. TIA
  2. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    DH is in WOCS right now.. tech school comes next.. I can't tell you EXACTLY what a warrant officer is.. LOL I just know DH got picked up last September.. He was an E6 when he got selected..
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  3. MoMo
    I know its a pretty good promotion but I was just wondering exactly what it is u know?

Im so proud of him though, hes been in less than 3 yrs. and is already going to become a warrant officer. I love him!
  4. Senior Member
    I did some years in army reserves and a warrent officer is like a LDO or line duty officer in the navy. They will have all the perks of becoming and being an officer but without the college degree. I do believe they can go only as far as an O4. I think. But he gets more responsibilty and management skills. Good promotion. Some people dont like to become an officer because it envolves more paper work and politics. Everyone is different.

5. MoMo
    Oh ok he did say something about paper work but he was really excited about it...they told him that he could become an officer but he doesnt want to I guess this is the next best thing huh?
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Congrats!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  7. MoMo
    Thanks!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mclarke View Post
    I did some years in army reserves and a warrent officer is like a LDO or line duty officer in the navy. They will have all the perks of becoming and being an officer but without the college degree. I do believe they can go only as far as an O4. I think. But he gets more responsibilty and management skills. Good promotion. Some people dont like to become an officer because it envolves more paper work and politics. Everyone is different.
    Ya your right about the they can only go so far part. Officer with no 4 year collage prier too. I think it goes E-4 Third Class E-5 Second Class E-6 First class E-7 Chief E-8 Senior Chief E-9 Master Chief WO1 WO2 WO3.

That's for the Navy though. HTH
    Congrats
    God is not the author of chaos - Nana Sugar
    Live everyday like your on borrowed time. Then when you look back you never have regrets. - unknown
    You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess. - Heath Ledger

Post message: JCS74FRG@yahoogroups.com
    Subscribe: JCS74FRG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Visit our Web Page: www.jcsfrg.org
  9. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    DH wants to retire at W2

Conrats to your DH
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  10. Senior Member
    in the navy you dont go from MC to WO1. i have heard from a lot of people that warrant isnt the way to go because they get zero respect. i dont know if it is true or not though. hubby was thinking about it for a bit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast