Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selectee Spouses! How are you doing?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Selectee Spouses! How are you doing?

Advertisements
    Just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone was doing since we are smack in the middle of this induction.

Are your expectations being met? I mean is this seeming harder or easier than you thought? How are you coping?

For me seriously the work that he has to do just makes me feel bad......they are SUPER busy. I think he leaves the house around 445AM each day to hit the gym before everyone else. He has to workout on his own as he hurt his knee so his workout is on the elliptical machine etc. He's not allowed to run with the rest of the selectees. There are a few other guys like him who meet up at the gym, and a few genuines that meet there with him so he doesn't feel totally alone in it, but still. He hates not being able to run with the group. So after that he comes home, showers goes to work does the selectee stuff and then runs his work center and gets home nightly around 730ish? 8pmish? I seriously have NO idea how he's surviving.

Oh one NICE thing is that his selectee class is passing around a nice bug.....and we have it right now. Vomiting, diarrhea, swollen glands....it's LOADS of fun....the first few guys they said it was probably just dehydration and now they are saying it's a bug. Oh and the SPOUSES are getting it as well........so much fun. I'm trying to avoid these guys as much as I can. I actually disinfected the house last night after my husband went to bed, but I know I'll get it. I catch everything!!!

Oh and in this what 3.5 weeks of induction my husband has lost 15lbs and 4%body fat JUST from the PT. Seriously if it was that easy for me I'd do it as well!! haha.....his pants are hanging off of his tush......it's crazy.

So I have my dresses for the ball and the pinning. I just need shoes for the ball and some jewelry. I'm happy with both dresses........yay!!!!

I'm still searching for something to give him when this is all said and done. That's part of my quest today.....to get ideas.

My husband has been really good for the most part. It's just still so surreal to watch him do this. It doesn't seem like he's really going to be pinned on the 21st. He's so emotional. I know alot of that is from the lack of sleep, but still.......he's almost like a girl! hahaa.

So how is everyone here????
  2. Senior Member
    we are good. i wish hubby was able to sleep in until 4:45 each day. he leaves the house at 4. they are doing PT three days a week and training each day, lunch for the crew, breakfast for the mess and their odd jobs everynight. it gets overwhelming when i think of it like that and think about how much time he is missing with the kids, but i know it will all be worth it in the end!

3. Senior Member
    I went to the goatlocker.org and they have a section that I think is called memorabilia, anyway, I found a lot of cool gift ideas there. I got my hubby these special cigars that are only for Chiefs. I recieved very quickly, but as time goes, I'm sure it will take a little longer. I also got a nice belt buckle that has some gold on it for him to wear on special occasions. As far as how everything is going. Some days good, others not so good. His boat is in DMP and right now the work load is really picking up for him, so I know he hasn't had that much time to help with the selectee stuff, so that sucks. This long weekend is perfect for fundraising, but they can't get a chief to be there. I guess they all have plans. So I am worried that they aren't going to meet their fundraising goal. I'm sure somehow they will pull it off. But I'm a worrier, so leave it to me to worry about stuff that I have no control over. I have my outfit for the pinning, but haven't decided if I want to change the skirt to a pair of dressy capri's that I have. I guess I'm just really anxious for this to be over so I can see him in that uniform getting pinned.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeaudet View Post
    we are good. i wish hubby was able to sleep in until 4:45 each day. he leaves the house at 4. they are doing PT three days a week and training each day, lunch for the crew, breakfast for the mess and their odd jobs everynight. it gets overwhelming when i think of it like that and think about how much time he is missing with the kids, but i know it will all be worth it in the end!
    It DOES get overwhelming.

DH's group PT's 5 days a week! Plus they are helping some of the other guys who need a little extra and they are PTing with them on the weekends as well.

and yes it WILL be worth it in the end.

I totally forgot about the Goatlocker!! I should look there.....thanks!
  5. Senior Member
    I'm doing good

I am kinda bored though, he is gone sooo much! they where so right when they said just pretend he is on the boat. I swear he is either rushing in or out of the house

I got a cute dress for the pinning and made travel plans for my Dad to come down to pin him. I borrowed a little black dress for the ball, but I am not sure if I am going to wear it. It is very form fitting

He has lost about 10 pounds, which is a lot for him. He isnt a very big guy!! It is mostly do to him not eating. He is used to all the PT because he used to PT the students everyday. So he was already in shape for this. But he is still healthy and going strong
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I am here to say the least.. things aren't going all that well, and well dh is stressed to the max, mostly because he is still working on top of being a selctee.. oh well.. just 21 more days right??

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I am here to say the least.. things aren't going all that well, and well dh is stressed to the max, mostly because he is still working on top of being a selctee.. oh well.. just 21 more days right??
    yes.......I know what you mean. In my DH's office it's only him, his Chief and two Airmen. The Chief in the office has been out sick all week and they've been coming to get him out of training to finish the work in the office.....so he's been doing his selectee stuff at home when the rest of them have been doing it in training sessions at work. He's extra stressed.

YES 21 days left.......I think it's part of the reason why my husband is so emotional. He's just tired and ready for this part to be done.
  8. Senior Member
    I can't wait for it to be all over.

My poor kids miss their daddy.

There's only 2 selectees........my dh and another guy. They are pretty busy. Neither one of them are really working their jobs. It's training during the day and all the little extras during the night and weekends. They worked on their Charge Books last night. Today was a charity thing. Tomorrow is a funraiser car wash. I don't think they're going to make their money quota.
    This weekend we'll work on memorizing all their little sayings and his memorizing his egg division.
    All in all he's surviving. He's had his bad days though. The other guy has trouble memorizing anything so their days get pretty tough.
    I wish they would focus more on PTing. My dh needs to lose still. As soon as he got home from his charity thing today he put on his running shoes, leashed the dog, and is now on a run.
    I'll probably work on dresses this weekend. I need to start on cleaning as my mil is coming for the pinning. I guess we have to submit invitations to some people so i'll work on that, too.
    WB, i hope you all feel better.
    WE are soooo counting down.
  9. Senior Member
    It very overwhelming here too. Dh leaves the house at 445 every morning, they have pt every day. He usually comes home for an hour and out again. They are doing lots of fund raisers and things like that. He is really stressed sometimes but he vents to me and he seems to be better. He has lost weight too, he was up to 13 pounds but it may be more now. Like everyone said 20 more days
    My Family

10. Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    Give me my coffee and no one gets hurt
    well, my DH is gone so that part isn't affecting me too much. i'm just super emotional and stuff since he won't be here for pinning or khaki ball. plus, i'm freaked about orders since if we can't stay here he'll have to geo bachelor it while i stay here and sell the house.

anyway, hope you gals who have your hubbies home aren't stressing out too much!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast