Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sending letters...

1. coulson21

Help Sending letters...

Advertisements
    So the drill instructors read the incoming mail? For example if I said that I haated the army for lying to us and cause I want him home would htat get him in trouble?
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Yes they can.
    To be honest when you write him you want to be as supportive as you can.. no doubt he is second guessing his own decision.. telling him that might make him feel worse. It won't get him in trouble but might make him feel like crap.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. coulson21
    well hes the one that wrote me and told me all that stuff but I know they dont read his mail...So i was just curious if I have to watch how I respond...
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    they don't read every piece of mail, if it is particularly bulky or it says pics are inside they open and look at it.. Honestly your SO is more than likely second guessing his decision, and either looking for you to help him out of his slump or commisserate with him. I can't give you advice on that.. Like I said he won't get in trouble, but some DI's are different. one can't really say.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. ThomasHasMyHeart
    Gah. That's one reason i am gonna hate gettin letters lol becuase i know how Thomas is. And he knows how much i hate him being there lol. But i try my best to make all my letters sound like im doing great i think there is ONE in the past 2 weeks letters that i just really break down. i had just had a REALLLY bad day and i just needed to be able to vent to him.
  6. Senior Member
    Yes. They have permission to read the incoming mail. My boyfriend just left for his Basic yesterday and I talked to his recruiter about it and they said it is done at random. It can be done when it first comes on to base or whatnot, by the authority there or by his platoon leader or by whomever, anyone above him has the right to read it. So, I would suggest just being careful what you write. That's what I'm planning to do. I've started a journal for my thoughts that are better saved for when I know no one else is reading it and i'll let him see all that when he gets home if he feels the need. Otherwise, it is a good way to just get the frustrations out. My biggest so far being that they don't tell you anything about the transportation there. His aunts are petrified of planes and flying (that's how one of their relatives died) and so they wanted a flight number or something just so that they could check that he landed safely and they wouldn't give us anything. I just wish they could tell the family something. I understand why it cant' be public knowledge for safety, but they could at least tell the family. They knew what flight it was before hand and if not, they knew when the shippers got on and they could have let his family know. That's just my frustration at the moment. I'm sure there will be more, but he just left yesterday so i don't have the rest yet.
  7. Senior Member
    My df said they look at the pictures you send and look in all the packages you send. I asked if they read his letters and he said no. But this probably depends on the location and the drill sgts. They would even take some of the food I sent and ate it if they liked it. But I would definitely be supportive in every letter because it's so hard on them physically and emotionally. I know everyone is different but df doesn't talk to his mom much since she hasn't been very supportive. Hope this helps. Send a pm if you need to talk.
    Kelly