Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Army BCT

1. ThomasHasMyHeart

Bang Head Question about Army BCT

Advertisements
    sooo my boyfriend just left on Aug. 15th for bct & ait at ft. benning. i got a letter from im today that he wrote on sat. sayin that he was starting basic this coming up week. he didnt have an address yet so i cant write him back. when could i be expecting htis address i'm going crazy without any form of communication. i haven theard anything except this letter since he left bc he called his mom on sunday. thanks in advance for any answeres
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    it might be another week or two or even more. I'd say he will probably have it on sunday though, so hopefully sometime next week you will have it
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it took my df about 3 weeks almost four from when he left till i got a letter with an actual return address...hang in there!!

4. Senior Member
    It took me about 3 wks before we got a letter from our son (he is there now) with an address.
    My Family

5. ThomasHasMyHeart
    Oh my. Idk how much longer i can wait. i"m going crazy i just want to be able to talk to him. All i have is this letter and i read it over and over and over. He said he would write back soon but i just want an address so i can write to him. i miss him sooooo much. it's not fair. i want my baby back!!!
  6. Senior Member
    I know its hard...Once my son got out of Reception and into a platoon, he has written every week. We did get one very brief phone call a couple of days after he left. He can now call once every three weeks, unles they get rewarded with a phone call sooner. Oh and he did send me a letter the day ater they got into platoons that was the official address form letter.
    My Family

7. ThomasHasMyHeart
    ok so if he said that he was starting actually starting basic this week i should be gettin an address soon? is that what you're saying?
  8. Senior Member
    It takes a bit of time but you will get a photocopied letter with the address on it. At least thats how the Navy does it.
  9. The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.
    But unitl I got his address I would write letters to him every day and sent them the minute he gave me his address (which was the week after reception). Stay strong and remember that it will be mostly you writing the letters, because he will be so busy or tired to write you back.

My fh loved hearing about what was "going on in the real world". He always wanted to know sports scores, current events, and juicy gossip. He also enjoyed the jokes that I sent him and everyone loved the worst case senario post cards I would send.

I am a feminist
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=joshANDkarly;1247642]But unitl I got his address I would write letters to him every day and sent them the minute he gave me his address QUOTE]

that is exactly what i did, so by the time i got his address he had a nice hefty letter to read

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast