Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for CPO(SEL) wives....

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question for CPO(SEL) wives....

Advertisements
    Mark and I are taking his Selectee's wife to dinner tonight and I'm really looking forward to meeting her! He is very new to the command, so I haven't met him either. In any event...I have a list of info that we have covered in the past years....but was curious if any of you had questions that I may have missed. Every year the training season changes, so the info I have may not be relevent this year ya know? Is there anything specific you asked ( or would like to ask) your dh's CMC/Chief/Sponsor this year pertaining to the training/induction, or pinning,etc?
    I appreciate any input!
    JulieM
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Hmmmm.......

Well my main concerns were what level of involvement could "I" have and what could I do to help him. I'm pretty laid back about the time he needs to devote to it and the amount of hours he's gone. He was basically gone the entire year.....a 2 month det turned into a 7 month one! Hello deployment we were told wasn't going to happen! haha......anyway so actually with him NOT being home it prepped me to not rely on him for anything at home. KWIM? We just run the house and I don't ask much of him at home......it's just easier on everyone.

I think it's fantastic that you are reaching out to her. I have never spoken to my husband's sponsor's wife. No worries though she might not feel like she wants to be involved or should be involved kwim? He did email me and ask if I was going tonight to a meet and greet and that his wife would be there.

The questions I have now are more like "what's the attire for the pinning?" "what's the attire for the ball?" "who can we invite to the pinning" "should we have a party for him and when do you recommend we do that/cost/where etc?" Just the things that he looks at me with baggy puffy eyes and says "what???" haha
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
    Hmmmm.......

Well my main concerns were what level of involvement could "I" have and what could I do to help him. I'm pretty laid back about the time he needs to devote to it and the amount of hours he's gone. He was basically gone the entire year.....a 2 month det turned into a 7 month one! Hello deployment we were told wasn't going to happen! haha......anyway so actually with him NOT being home it prepped me to not rely on him for anything at home. KWIM? We just run the house and I don't ask much of him at home......it's just easier on everyone.

I think it's fantastic that you are reaching out to her. I have never spoken to my husband's sponsor's wife. No worries though she might not feel like she wants to be involved or should be involved kwim? He did email me and ask if I was going tonight to a meet and greet and that his wife would be there.

The questions I have now are more like "what's the attire for the pinning?" "what's the attire for the ball?" "who can we invite to the pinning" "should we have a party for him and when do you recommend we do that/cost/where etc?" Just the things that he looks at me with baggy puffy eyes and says "what???" haha

I agree, and those are the very same questions I asked DH's sponsor this morning. I wanted to know what I could do to help, I wanted to know for sure that everything he's going through DOES have a point, whether I'm the only one who feels confused at times... He said he wishes that his wife were here (she's back in TX).. and he was PISSED that I hadn't recieved a phone call from any of the CPO spouses from DH's command. He's also quite upset that our spouse meeting is tomorrow and wasn't last week.

DH's sponsor also stressed the fact that I DO have a big part in DH's success.. that a supportive and helpful wife is key, and that if DH ever forgets that to let him know. He said that just as a marriage is a partnership, so is his naval career (to a certain degree.).. He told me that they'd actually enjoy it and prefer for the spouses help with initiation. And that I could in 2 ways.. either really help him, or have fun messing with him to push him harder.

The time he's having to devote to this right now, matters but then again really doesn't to us. We just came from sea duty, and are used to him not being home for things. I've never asked for much from him around the house, and I'm used to insane working hours..

I think it's wonderful that you're reaching out to the selectee's spouses. I hope you have a wonderful dinner!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. Senior Member
    Everyone has said exactly what I was thinking. At our meeting I was the only one to ask alot of questions but our CMC was pretty clear on all issues. Unfortunately, I can't attend the pinning ceremony so my questions were directed toward that.
    My Family

5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    I have to say a big to you for contact your selectee's wife. I have had about zero contact in regards to dh. I got my letter from the Command Master Chief, but other than that, I have been out of the loop as far as everything else.. Especially since dh is always too tired to relive his day for me.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks to those who responded! I appreciate it!
    JulieM
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    These are pretty much the questions she asked tonight!
    Have you met with or spoken to the CMC and/ or his wife?? Sometimes the sponsor "forgets" about the spouse, and that is why Mark likes to sit down with them and have a "face to face". Just to make sure all the bases are covered!

Quote Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
    Hmmmm.......

JulieM
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm sorry you have had no contact....that is unsat, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I have to say a big to you for contact your selectee's wife. I have had about zero contact in regards to dh. I got my letter from the Command Master Chief, but other than that, I have been out of the loop as far as everything else.. Especially since dh is always too tired to relive his day for me.
    JulieM
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sorry you won't be able to attend the pinning ceremony...hope someone will be able to get pics for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by AT1s_Sweetie View Post
    Everyone has said exactly what I was thinking. At our meeting I was the only one to ask alot of questions but our CMC was pretty clear on all issues. Unfortunately, I can't attend the pinning ceremony so my questions were directed toward that.
    JulieM
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks, dinner was very productive!!

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    I think it's wonderful that you're reaching out to the selectee's spouses. I hope you have a wonderful dinner!
    JulieM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast