Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Job after Military?!?!?!

1. foreverurz23

Job after Military?!?!?!

Advertisements
    My DB is thinking of renlisting, but hes not sure. For all those wives, wives in training and girlfriends that hubbies are out, how easy was it to get a job straight out of the military??? Hes in the army active duty right now, but hes thinking of the navy or the airforce. but he might be getting dicharged for asthma with out the option of working through it this spring so he might have to wait the two years to renlist if thats the case.
  2. my heart is home!
    my heart is home!
    well im not sure how easy it's going to be but db is getting out in november, getting unemployment for a bit then going to work part time for ups while he goes to school full time. i really think it depends on where he lives, what he wants to do and things like that. i do think that with military experience they have a shoe in to someone that might be equal in other aspects but no military exp. good luck to him in what he decides to do, it is a huge decision
  3. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    depends on the training/ experience he has..
    DH is officially out in October & has had a job for a couple months now. It was pretty easy for him to find a job.

4. trying to keep my head above water....
    trying to keep my head above water....
    It depends on what rate or training he has It was difficult for Toby because his rate didnt transfer into the civi world very well.
    Single Mommy to my Buggah Butt Elizabeth (11/20/06)

Thanks Crystal! I it!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It depends on what rate or training he has It was difficult for Toby because his rate didnt transfer into the civi world very well.
    What rate is he?????? Just curious
  6. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran
    My husband had a job set up prior to him getting out of the Navy. DH was an Aircraft Mechanic in the military, and that's what he does now in the civilian world.
  7. Senior Member
    Like the other ladies said, a lot depends on his training. When DH first got out of the Navy, before he went into the Reserves, he had a hard time. Mostly because employers couldn't see that the training he'd had could be applied to a non-military job.

When we moved up to Michigan, it was easier for some reason. He had worked for one place for 4 years, and his current job he's been at for 3 - the common thing is that at both places, most of his co-workers are ex military. They see how his Navy experience relates.
  8. Senior Member
    Also to answer your question. DH already has a guaranteed job. It may not be doing what he wants but it's a job and it will pay the bills while he goes to school.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    my dh had a job offered to him before he got out of the Navy as well by the DOD it really wasn't what he was looking for but it was a decent offer at the time so he took it, hes still looking for what he wants of couse but it was close to what he did in the Navy so he knew it was a good deal for him to take it and not pass it up for what they were offering him in pay. Its hard coming out of the Navy as a YN and expecting someone to pay you more than $15 an hour..lol