Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In regards to the Navy Chief Thread

1. Senior Member
    Monterey California ! Near Da' Beach again !!!

In regards to the Navy Chief Thread

Advertisements
    I did not want to thread jack -I did see alot of great points .What I wanted to say is this .
    We have been in Bremerton for 2years and my husband is on the Stennis ,a aircraft carrier and there is alot of people on a carrier as you all know .Anyways my point is this I joined the FRG this year as the Vice President and our FRG is all hands group ( Officer and Enlisted ) and I have had the privileage of getting to know spouses of all ranks .Chiefs wives WOW ! there is alot of tradition and honor that goes along with being a Chief and and Chiefs spouse I feel like Brandy was just trying to say it is a tradition that is all she was trying to say .I dont't think she was trying to pull rank ? I have alot of respect for the Chief's wives I have meet many some of them are my closest friends ! (Damm some of them are hard core too !!!

How's that "Hope" and "Change" working out for you ?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    B
  3. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkadot View Post
    I did not want to thread jack -I did see alot of great points .What I wanted to say is this .
    We have been in Bremerton for 2years and my husband is on the Stennis ,a aircraft carrier and there is alot of people on a carrier as you all know .Anyways my point is this I joined the FRG this year as the Vice President and our FRG is all hands group ( Officer and Enlisted ) and I have had the privileage of getting to know spouses of all ranks .Chiefs wives WOW ! there is alot of tradition and honor that goes along with being a Chief and and Chiefs spouse I feel like Brandy was just trying to say it is a tradition that is all she was trying to say .I dont't think she was trying to pull rank ? I have alot of respect for the Chief's wives I have meet many some of them are my closest friends ! (Damm some of them are hard core too !!!

I agree with you. It's all about time honored tradition not pulling rank. I feel she was just trying to be helpful and it was misunderstood. I don't feel she was trying to "pull rank" at all.
  4. Senior Member
    thank you ladies.

5. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyChiefs_Wife View Post
    thank you ladies.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I honestly thought she was just trying to help too, but things get taken out of context so easily. I guess I kind of understand both sides of the whole thing...But ultimately I do think she was just trying to help.
  7. Senior Member
    The crazy thing is that a SPOUSE has ZERO rank to pull. I saw her as trying to helpful and to let others know that the chiefs do and will dig where they need to just for personal info not only on the slugs but their families also.
  8. Senior Member
    Monterey California ! Near Da' Beach again !!!
    I think that it is about honor and TRADITION !! and this is something I have learned about the Chiefs and the spouses have a special role in being an example to junior enlisted as well as a support for their own spouse .
    JMO ! Congrats to all that made it!
    How's that "Hope" and "Change" working out for you ?
  9. It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polkadot View Post
    I think that it is about honor and TRADITION !! and this is something I have learned about the Chiefs and the spouses have a special role in being an example to junior enlisted as well as a support for their own spouse .
    JMO ! Congrats to all that made it!
    This is exactly what we were told during our spouse selectee meeting today.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    He will only honor the value that YOU put on YOURSELF. Love yourself, you are worth it.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    I agree with you. It's all about time honored tradition not pulling rank. I feel she was just trying to be helpful and it was misunderstood. I don't feel she was trying to "pull rank" at all.
    I appreciated the tips she gave, and will take any more people can give!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast