Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief Selectee Wives

1. Senior Member

Chief Selectee Wives

Advertisements
    I don't want to come off as sounding bitchy or anything but I wanted to let all you Chief Selectee Wives know that if your husbands sponsors and stuff saw that some of you have changed your name from ex. EM1'swife to EMC'swife then he would get into a lot of trouble and initiation would be a lot harder. It goes the same for the comments under the name, ex. I love my EM1 to I love my EMC. Don't take this post the wrong way, I just would hate for the wrong people to see it or maybe one of you slip up and call your husband a Chief when he isn't just yet and won't be until he puts his anchors on.
    I hope I didn't offend anyone of make anyone upset, I just wanted to let all you new Selectee wives know so you don't slip up and make things harder on your DH.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Aren't they still Chief's even if they don't end up making it through initiation?
  3. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    It's just one of those rules. it sucks. I got a t-shirt that said I love my Chief when my DH made it and when he saw it he said I couldn't wear it until after he was pinned. From what I am told they can not get pinned if something goes wrong or they break a rule.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    Aren't they still Chief's even if they don't end up making it through initiation?
    Yes, but if the right or wrong person saw some of this stuff it would make initiation harder. They would be saying that the guy is passing himself off as a Chief already before he has put his anchors on.
    I'm not trying to be bitchy or anything, I just wanted to give a heads up on some of this stuff. My DH saw where some of the wives have changed their names and stuff on here(he's a sponsor of a Selectee here) and he's the one who mentioned it to me to say something. We just don't want things to be any harder on anyone than what they have to be.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    It's just one of those rules. it sucks. I got a t-shirt that said I love my Chief when my DH made it and when he saw it he said I couldn't wear it until after he was pinned.
    Yeah, some of the rules suck.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    It's just one of those rules. it sucks. I got a t-shirt that said I love my Chief when my DH made it and when he saw it he said I couldn't wear it until after he was pinned.
    Yeah, some of the rules suck.

oops, double post.

7. Senior Member
    Tehcnically they are chief selects, not chiefs until they are pinned. The OP is right that it could cause some serious friction. On the other hand this is just message board and it isn't the selectees saying it so I would hope it wouldn't cause too much trouble! idk
    Needs work.
  8. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    Technically not until they're pinned.

And it is just one of those rules, but at this point I don't think it's anything to make a big deal out of. Unless of course someone is going to run to the sponsor and say "Oh! oh! So and so's wife says she loves her chief!!".

BE PROUD!!

And anyways, initiation is supposed to be fun, a little more fun never hurt anyone

No one is going to get reprimanded or into a heap of trouble because of it.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  9. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I would think the wives can say what they like on a message board. They are proud of their husbands is how I take it.
  10. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I've changed my name to something more personal anyhow.. I'd felt like a change for sometime, but couldn't figure out quite what I wanted..

So here it is!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast