Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chief RDC Wives...Looking for information...

1. It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.

Question Chief RDC Wives...Looking for information...

Advertisements
    We might be doing this and I'm needing some information. Mainly what your hubby's schedule is like, is it a tough billet (family wise), etc...

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pandora View Post
    He will only honor the value that YOU put on YOURSELF. Love yourself, you are worth it.
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    A good friend of ours just got RDC orders.. they leave in December. DH looked into it before we decided to come out here, and basically it's deployment hours but shore pay.. The first year is supposed to be very rough, but after that they supposedly give you some slack since you almost never see your family in the beginning of your tour.

When are you guys up for orders??

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    We just got done 4 years with DH being an RDC at Great Lakes. He made Chief 2 years after we got their. It's busy. Thats fo sure. I would say it's more like sea duty. He had times when he had back to back divisions and times when he had none and some downtime. He went back and fourth working days and nigts. When he made Chief he worked nights so he could do all his Chief stuff during the day. The good thing is after so many divisions they get a hold job for a year. Some teach, mine was at Battlestations. All and all we enjoyed Great Lakes. Towards the end we had issues with DD school but other than that it was fine. Lot's to see and do. Feel free to PM me.
  4. my AOC truly makes me happy
    my AOC truly makes me happy

I am here now--
    I pmed you.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well, hubby isn't a chief yet, hes a first, but he is an RDC here. He started school in January 2006 and finished in June 2006. He had some issues with his knee that he needed an MRI for and a bunch of other stuff so he was a few weeks behind the guys that he started with. Since then he has done 4 divisions as a red rope and has been on hold since the middle of May. He goes back on push in Dec./Jan. He normally works from 5-5:30a.m. til 9-10:30p.m. everyday while on push except for the P-days and the time after battlestations. P-days are the worst since that is the time they are picking up everyone and getting everyone settled in and cleared as fit for duty or being able for the RDCs to exercise them. When they are picking up their guys/girls (sometimes they'll have an all male division and sometimes it will be split) they can get a call at any hour of the day or night saying to come get their recruits. John has picked up a division the same day he got done with one and then there was a time where he took leave so he had 3 weeks in between. The time they have off or hours they work really depend on the people they end up working with. John is one of those people that refuses to go home until all the work is done unless he really needs to or just really needs a break at the end after battlestations (I was pg almost the whole entire time he has been a red rope and on push so he would have to come home for some of my appts. since I couldn't take the kids to some and to the u/s). One division the Chief would never come to work or stay so John and his ex partner were left to work all the time. I pretty much didn't see him at all for those 8-9 weeks. This last division was his division, he was lead push, and the guys he had came to work and did their jobs well so he got more time off than he normally did with the previous pushes. Right now John is on hold and teaches or shows the recruits (some days he does the actual in class teaching and other days he takes them to a symulator) how to shoot their guns. He was told at the beginning he could pick where he would go but when it came down to the time they put him on hold he was told he was going on hold (first they said he was going to do another push) and then they told him where he was going, he didn't get a choice. His hours now are from 6:30a.m.-12p.m. if he has a division that day. If not he gets off earlier. And he only works M-F. Since he has been off push he has had enough time to go back to school. We're hoping he'll have his degree finished by the time he gets done here since he doesn't have that much more to do and most of it is online. If you want to know anything else or having any questions just ask. If I don't know then I'll ask John.
  6. It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    Wow, thanks for all the information. Sounds like the busiest time is during a push and during a hold my hubby should be home.

Doesn't sound as bad as I was lead to believe...bad stories regarding a specific family we knew that went up there.

Thanks for the info and if there's anything else y'all think about please let me know.

Thanks!
    He will only honor the value that YOU put on YOURSELF. Love yourself, you are worth it.
  7. It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ENCMacsWifey View Post
    A good friend of ours just got RDC orders.. they leave in December. DH looked into it before we decided to come out here, and basically it's deployment hours but shore pay.. The first year is supposed to be very rough, but after that they supposedly give you some slack since you almost never see your family in the beginning of your tour.

When are you guys up for orders??
    We're actually up now. We need to choose by December and leave in March or April I forget. He wanted Detailer in TN but since he was selected they pulled his package because they wanted a PO1 to fill the billet. So here we are looking again.

He was thinking Recruiter or RDC.
  8. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly76 View Post
    We're actually up now. We need to choose by December and leave in March or April I forget. He wanted Detailer in TN but since he was selected they pulled his package because they wanted a PO1 to fill the billet. So here we are looking again.

He was thinking Recruiter or RDC.
    Recruiters and RDCs basically have the same hours from everything I've heard.. DH is looking into recruiting for his last tour, so that we can get back to TX prior to retirement..

Good luck!

I RSVP'd for the 25th.. I'm looking forward to it!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

9. It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    Recruiters and RDCs basically have the same hours from everything I've heard.. DH is looking into recruiting for his last tour, so that we can get back to TX prior to retirement..

Good luck!

I RSVP'd for the 25th.. I'm looking forward to it!
    We'd like to Recruit in San Diego but there's nothing out here and the next closest thing is Los Angeles, which wouldn't be too bad.

Either way we're moving sometime next year, I just don't know where or when.

Too much uncertainty drives me

I'll see you on the 25th.
  10. It's okay, I'm a nurse. I'm allowed to touch you there.
    Ladies that answered my question, would you do it again?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast