Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who's dhs made Chief...

1. Senior Member

Question For those who's dhs made Chief...

Advertisements
    I'm curious, I think when I first came onto this board last year people were talking about board results and things like that and some people mentioned there is like a whole initiation and big to do that goes along with making Chief so I'm just wondering, exactly what happens now that they've made it?
  2. Senior Member
    i wont know until ken does it, but they never tell anyone that isnt a chief yet. kinda to keep you in suspense for when you do finally make it!

3. Senior Member
    It's secret! Seriously though, a whole lot of stuff that seems really stupid but are actually extremely intelligent hands on teaching methods!
    Needs work.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm wondering the same thing.... What exactly does it mean to make chief? We're Army from the midwest, I'm understanding that it's a big deal, but I'm not sure what exactly it's about...

I'd like to celebrate with you guys, but I'm just curious about it...
  5. Senior Member
    Ah it's one of those crazy top secret probably not all that interesting anyhow things? I just always kinda wondered.
  6. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    It is very top secret. I can't go into it much but the next month up until the pinning is going to be tough for you and him/her. Expect not to see your SO much and have to spend $$. They will have to do all kinds of things leading up to the initiation(sp). When they go to that you don't see them until the pinning. Most could hardly stand they were so tired. We had a kick ass party at the house after and DH was more than willing. It was a big pain but worth it. It's a time that neither of you will forget. Oh and girls, start dress shopping!! sometie in Sept-Oct is the Chief's Ball and you will need a babysitter and nice formal. If anyone needs to chat during this very CRAZY time feel free to PM me. Congrats to all who made it. Let the fun begin!!
  7. Senior Member
    Cool! Well good luck ladies! Sounds like it'll be a trying/fun/exciting/exhausting time! Enjoy it!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    All I know is I was told to be patient and expect him not to be home. I have a meet and greet on Friday with the other spouses of selectees and the current Chief wives who can make it. We'll get a schedule of events. I know they PT, do fundraisers and training. DH says he starts Monday........

I was also told they have several spouses events and events for the family for all the Selectees and their families to attend. I am assuming we'll go to everything we can.

We go on leave on the 29th of September-8 October....
  9. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    They do a lot of extra work, play games, and PT out the A$$ basically. All of it will have meaning, well in the end it will anyway But thats all you get to know until you go thru it
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  10. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    Quote Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
    All I know is I was told to be patient and expect him not to be home. I have a meet and greet on Friday with the other spouses of selectees and the current Chief wives who can make it. We'll get a schedule of events. I know they PT, do fundraisers and training. DH says he starts Monday........

I was also told they have several spouses events and events for the family for all the Selectees and their families to attend. I am assuming we'll go to everything we can.

We go on leave on the 29th of September-8 October....
    OMG AMY!!! Congrats

I was thinking about you a few days ago. Glad to see you back
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast