Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you sitting down?

1. Senior Member

Are you sitting down?

Advertisements
    An Army Recruiter I exchanged e-mails with confirms that some recruits receive limited cell phone--okay, we knew this already--and internet access (earned as a privilege) while at BCT.

As far as I know there have been some changes made in regards to allowing trainees access to communications technology. I've heard people I've enlisted coming back saying they were allowed occasional access to their cell phones or email. But it's a privilege to be earned and maintained by the trainees.

With how cheap it is to provide internet access to people, and the difference it can make in a person's mood to hear from home quickly and frequently, I don't see why they wouldn't provide occasional access to the 'net for trainees.
    I wouldn't have believed this (see my other thread, heh) but for it coming from the mouth of a recruiter.
  2. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I just mentioned this to DH. I don't know what branch but we just left Great Lakes where he was an RDC for 4 years and he said that is nothing he ever saw. Maybe they are changing things. It's nice if they get to do that.
  3. aka yankeelady78
    aka yankeelady78
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinJenny View Post
    An Army Recruiter I exchanged e-mails with confirms that some recruits receive limited cell phone--okay, we knew this already--and internet access (earned as a privilege) while at BCT.

I wouldn't have believed this (see my other thread, heh) but for it coming from the mouth of a recruiter.

Hahaha, the first thing that came to mind was, "You can never believe ANYTHING that comes from the mouth of a recruiter".

But really, he'd have no reason to lie to you, so maybe your db really did earn some internet access. Bootcamp sure has changed since I went thru!
    Amy
  4. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    for all you know, he asked his recruiter to say all that

i've NEVER heard of any of that
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I don't ever believe what recruiters say.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeelady78 View Post
    Hahaha, the first thing that came to mind was, "You can never believe ANYTHING that comes from the mouth of a recruiter".

But really, he'd have no reason to lie to you, so maybe your db really did earn some internet access. Bootcamp sure has changed since I went thru!
    That was my first thought as well..

Do you know this guy is a recruiter or did your SO tell you that this guy recruited him?
  7. Senior Member
    I know this guy is a recruiter and he is not my SO's recruiter. In fact, this guy is located in not just a different office but a different state than my SO's recruiter.

When I approached him I was certain to tell him that I wasn't considering joining and that, if I were, I would be talking to a JAG recruiter. I asked him if he could confirm or deny a rumor I had heard about internet access for recruits in BCT at Ft. Jackson.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    No matter how many times you tell a recruiter you are NOT going to join up, they will always be looking for the opportunity to convince you. You asking about internet and him replying that some DO get internet was a tactic. They are ALWAYS on the lookout.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    I just mentioned this to DH. I don't know what branch but we just left Great Lakes where he was an RDC for 4 years and he said that is nothing he ever saw. Maybe they are changing things. It's nice if they get to do that.
    Army
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilockz View Post
    No matter how many times you tell a recruiter you are NOT going to join up, they will always be looking for the opportunity to convince you. You asking about internet and him replying that some DO get internet was a tactic. They are ALWAYS on the lookout.
    i see what you're saying, but how could he possibly be thinking about getting credit for getting me to join if i'm already working with a JAG recruiter... and JAG recruits don't even go to BCT? i don't think there's a motive to lie here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast