Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AIT questions...

1. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...

AIT questions...

Advertisements
    Just wondering, since BCT is getting closer to being over and AIT will be here sooner than I know...

- Can you send packages and what not during AIT?
    - Does it get a lot easier to communicate during AIT or only somewhat easier? Are there more phone calls and the ability to text or is communication done with letters still?

Just thought I'd start getting an idea and have something to look forward to!
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  2. holysht
    i think it depends on where he goes and how much freedom his company will allow.. when i was in AIT, we were allowed to use the pay phones or our cell phones at certain times during the day. also, we were allowed to receive care packages i.e clothing, books, supplies.. but no food. any food had to be stored in the drill sgts office and you could get it on the weekend.. that is, if they didnt eat it during the week lol
  3. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    DB never said anything about the food... I sent him food and he always talked about eating it all. Hmm.... DB got a cell phone in GA but got my local area code so it wouldn't be long distance. He could call whenever but he wasn't supposed to take his phone to class and he could't cross streets while talking on the phone. Safety, I suppose. You can send letters, of course. I sent cards that I thought were cute but those usually went in the packages I sent. DB also bought a laptop so we were able to talk online and he eventually got a webcam so we could see each other.
  4. Senior Member
    My DF is in AIT now and he gets to use his cell almost every night. Also they go to the PX every Sunday for hours so he calls then too. I usually send him a package of food twice a week but it probably depends on the rules there. The drill srgts can eat the food if they like it cause it's happened to DF a few times. Hope this helps.
  5. MJFish
    My boyfriend is in AIT now and he usually calls every night... his dad sent him a cellphone in the mail, so I guess he can get packages too. He's buying a laptop this coming weekend so we can talk online more too.
  6. holysht
    lol, my ait was sucky we were always on barracks maintenance. we were only allowed to use our phones on personal time (which was extremely rare) but most of us usually did after lights out ayways. just have a girl keep watch for the ds's when they came by for bed checks.. but, we did have weekend passes to go off base and stuff. but, every place has different rules. even on the same post.
  7. MJFish
    Yeah, where my boyfriend is stationed they get weekend passes if they pass the PT test (70/70/70). They have an opportunity to pass it every week if he doesn't get it right the first time (took mine 3 weeks, hehe).

He can stay out overnight on Saturday, but has to report back by Sunday at 1:00... so book a hotel room as close to the base as possible if you plan on visiting

You might be able to get lodging on base too.... I looked into it briefly.... Since I'm just his girlfriend (not family) I'd have to have a copy of his military ID to check in; not sure how I'd get that... so I just booked one somewhere outside. lol.
  8. Wagz
    As has been said it all comes down to the leadership but AIT does bring more privaledges
  9. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by MJFish View Post
    Yeah, where my boyfriend is stationed they get weekend passes if they pass the PT test (70/70/70). They have an opportunity to pass it every week if he doesn't get it right the first time (took mine 3 weeks, hehe).

He can stay out overnight on Saturday, but has to report back by Sunday at 1:00... so book a hotel room as close to the base as possible if you plan on visiting

You might be able to get lodging on base too.... I looked into it briefly.... Since I'm just his girlfriend (not family) I'd have to have a copy of his military ID to check in; not sure how I'd get that... so I just booked one somewhere outside. lol.
    Thanks for the tip on the lodging on base! I was wondering about that...
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  10. xxtimexawayxx
    I get lots of letters, as well as pay phone calls (which usually end up cutting out like a really bad cell phone) from my best friend in AIT. One of his room mates lets him use his cell phone every once in a while(because my boy left his at home), and he's gotten internet access a few times.