Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How many...

1. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech

How many...

Advertisements
    college credits would get you to E-3 pay? Or even E-2?
  2. Transfusion Service Tech
    Transfusion Service Tech
    Ok. Nevermind. I found the answer myself. I guess I was just a little lazy before.

Found at: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyj...vancedrank.htm

For E-2
    Has successfully completed 24 or more classroom semester hours (36 or more quarter hours) at an accredited degree granting college or university listed in the AIPE* or NACES* (foreign transcripts must be evaluated).

For E-3
    Has successfully completed 48 or more classroom semester hours (72 or more quarter hours) (without a 4-year degree) at an accredited degree granting college or university listed in the AIPE* (foreign transcripts must be evaluated. This includes those with associate degrees.

Under this program, for advanced promotion to E-2, one must:
    • Refer 1 person who is a high school graduate (or still in high school) and scores 50 or more on the AFQT (overall ASVAB Score) or;
    • Refer 2 people who are high school graduates (or still in high school) and they score between 31 and 49 on the AFQT or;
    • Refer 3 people who do not meet the conditions above, but are otherwise qualified/accepted for enlistment

For advanced promotion to E-3, one must:

• Refer 2 people who are high school graduates (or still in high school) and score 50 or more on the AFQT (overall ASVAB Score) or;
    • Refer 4 people who are high school graduates (or still in high school) and they score between 31 and 49 on the AFQT or;
    • Refer 6 people who do not meet the conditions above, but are otherwise qualified/accepted for enlistment
    Does anyone know what they're talking about in the last two parts about "Under this program, for advanced promotion to E-2, one must:" and the "For advanced promotion to E-3, one must"?

TIA