Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it usually take to get a letter or here from them?

1. ericalynn2007

How long does it usually take to get a letter or here from them?

Advertisements
    My boyfriend shipped out for basic today, he is going to Fort Jackson SC, and I cant wait to here from him. I miss him so much and its hard knowing he really is not here. Does this get easier or harder? Does time go by fast and is there anything to do to make time go by fast? Do they change alot when you see them again? I just have so many questions and feel so lonely, and all I can do is think about him being gone. I miss him. I hope everything goes well and I am scared for him. Any answers would help so much. We have been together for four years and I have been with him almost every single day. Without him I feel lost.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by ericalynn2007; 07-10-2007 at 04:44 PM.
  2. heatherv
    hey
    my sister went to Fort Jackson for her training a few years ago and it tooks us about three weeks before we got a letter. My boyfriend left for the marines in may, and it does get easier some days are worst than others but after a while it just becomes a daily routine. hope everything goes well PM me if u need anything!
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Big Grin hey

m
    Last edited by Laya; 05-04-2010 at 05:25 PM.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Big Grin hey

Y
    Last edited by Laya; 05-04-2010 at 05:26 PM.
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    It doesn't necessarily get better or go faster you just learn how to deal with it better. First and foremost, get a hobby. Now is the time to learn to knit, sew, quilt, play the violin. Whatever it is that you wanted to do. Second get out of the house. Don't sit around waiting for the letter or the phone call, this will only make you more depressed. Don't lose contact with your good friends, because you need to be around people that you love. Also be prepared for backlash from people you thought were your friends.

Be prepared for a change when he comes back. He won't be the same person that left. Basic training is a life changing event.

Don't be afraid to ask questions here either that is what this board is for, to help when we can.
    time will pass quick enough before you know graduation will be here.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Senior Member
    My boyfriend left for BCT at Ft Jackson about 21 days ago. I got my first phone call yesterday. He hasn't been writing letters so I can't help with the ? about how long it takes for letters to go through.

For me, the first week was the most difficult. Things are already getting better. I'm keeping myself as busy as possible and that seems to help.
  7. supporterofslye
    my love has been gone to bc in fort jackson since the 9th of this month I know how you feel weve been together every day for the last 5 years It feels like I lost half of myself my heart hurts alot. about the letters I got my first letter only 5 days ago or so the mail takes like 10 days so dont be discuraged if you dont get a letter right away Im sure hes thinkin of you right now you ever want talk to somone Im here
  8. Senior Member
    usually, it is about a week of reception and then about a week before you can get the mail so at least 2 weeks after he leaves. Mine was like 2.5 weeks.
  9. Deborah
    Deborah
    When my husband left for his boot camp it took me about 2 to 3 weeks to get a letter from him. Don't be surprised if you do not receive many letters because, they are only allowed to write on certain days. Most likely he will be changed. But it depends on the person and the change is always for the better. Time will seem like it goes by slow but his future and career is worth the wait.
  10. wait for august dreading october
    wait for august dreading october
    Blog Entries
    My DH went to basic at benning he would write me letters during lights out but what helped me feel like time was flying was working and writting a journal to him in addition to letters. I also spent a lot of time with my famliy and some friends. I am thankful that one of my close friends hubby's is a marine and he was deployed while my hubby was away at basic and AIT so she understood. Just keep yourself busy and surrouned with positive people. Joining this site was a good start!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast