1. Banned
    Banned

REMOVED

Advertisements
    REMOVED
    Last edited by zebra57; 07-21-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: REMOVED
  2. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    Sorry I have nothing to say but that's something DH and I will be talking about in a year or so.
  3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    good luck! I ahve no clue, as that is at least ten years down the road for me and DH!
  4. Senior Member
    DB and I are at the same crossroads right now, with him having to weigh that decision. We haven't had the time since to talk really in-depth about it lately, but I told him he's got nothing but time over there to really sort things out and figure out what he would like to do. I have my opinion but he has to be the one to make this decision kwim?
    "I miss you when I'm sad. I miss you when I'm lonely. But most of all, I miss you when I'm happy."

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What my husband had to weigh was the retirement package. My Father in law works for GM and they are talking about getting rid of the pension/retirement packages. Face it, it is not safe in the "real world" or in the military anymore. I think it depends how many years in service, what he wants to do, are the good days out weighing the bad. ect.

We both decided he should stay in. The security of the job was more important.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    We will be weighing the odds in 2010. I think he's going to get out... good luck with what you and your SO decide.
  7. Senior Member
    We looked at the financial aspect of it, can we afford to live, how hard would it be for him to get a job with comparable income, etc. Dh decided to stay in and just reenlisted for another 4. We're "career" Navy, but we will probably reevaluate that at the end of every term. Like DakotaCowgirl said, the job security is invaluable.
  8. turning heads since 1988 XD
    turning heads since 1988 XD
    db is dealing with the same thing. he is torn between getting out and staying in. i say its really up to him, but he said its up to both of us. he is also deployed and so every time he calls he has a new idea.

9. my heart is home!
    my heart is home!
    we just dealt with that decision last year at this time. after much debate and talking things through, we decided that him getting out would be better for us. he will be out in november, and will be starting school in january. he decided that he could go to school and get a degree and have a job that would be better both financially and for our relationship in the long run. for us we will have 4 years of school for him, not making much, but after that he will have a very good job. i already have my degree and once we settle somewhere i can get a decent paying job as well. we do not want to deal with the deployments etc for the rest of our lives. good luck in your decision. it is a very big one to make, i found that each of us making a pros and cons list and then sitting down together and talking about each pro and con helped us a lot. ultimately it was his decision but my opinion weighed heavily on it.
    TK
    We just went through the "to leave, or not to leave" game. Dh was coming up on his 10 year mark. He flip-flopped like a fish. We made a list of pros and cons for both staying in and for getting out. In the end, he realized that he enjoys what he does in the Navy. Of course there are good days and bad, but what job doesn't. For our family, staying in was the way to go. Good luck on what ever your SO chooses to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast