Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: on a DITY - -

  1. Senior Member
    kristy's Avatar
    kristy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft Hood, Texas
    Posts
    2,607
    #1

    on a DITY - -

    Advertisements
    can you get your money in advance?? Has anyone had this happen? my husband said he has and i was just wondering if anyone else has
  2. Account Closed
    BzzzWife's Avatar
    BzzzWife is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NONE
    Posts
    6,714
    #2
    Yes they can...But I would talk all this over with his transportation dept....We didn't need to take the advance..Were paying for everything upfront then filing a claim for reimbursement...Were doing a full DITY move.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    DakotaCowgirl's Avatar
    DakotaCowgirl is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Home is where our feet land
    Posts
    12,453
    #3
    You can but if you are over paid, you have to rememburse it. We find that it is easier to just pay for everything out of pocket and turn in receipts.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    kristy's Avatar
    kristy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ft Hood, Texas
    Posts
    2,607
    #4
    our problem is we just dont have the money for the move to pay upfront and then get reimbursed.
  5. Senior Member
    bill-jenny's Avatar
    bill-jenny is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fort Lewis, staying in MI until the baby comes
    Posts
    337
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kristy View Post
    our problem is we just dont have the money for the move to pay upfront and then get reimbursed.
    I can completely relate to that!! We have the money to move but once we got there there would be nothing left!!
  6. Senior Member
    NobodySpecial's Avatar
    NobodySpecial is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,124
    #6
    We got 80% up front then submitted our receipts at this end to get the other 20%.
    Needs work.
  7. Account Closed
    BzzzWife's Avatar
    BzzzWife is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NONE
    Posts
    6,714
    #7
    If your doing a full dity move yourself and getting reimbursed, what other receipts can you turn in besides the weight tickets....We bought 150.00 in boxes, we bought 12 rolls of packing tape, black markers, packing tissue paper...
  8. Senior Member
    NobodySpecial's Avatar
    NobodySpecial is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,124
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BzzzWife View Post
    If your doing a full dity move yourself and getting reimbursed, what other receipts can you turn in besides the weight tickets....We bought 150.00 in boxes, we bought 12 rolls of packing tape, black markers, packing tissue paper...
    Gas, tolls, rental equipment and all of that stuff that you have listed above already.
    Needs work.
  9. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #9
    They don't give you 100% of what they would pay, they give 95%. Our dity we got 60% up front and 35% after we submitted the claim.

    You no longer have to submitt reciepts for anything under $75 now.
  10. Account Closed
    MichelleB's Avatar
    MichelleB is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    16,360
    #10
    This is good info. We did a DITY here, and I have no clue what % they gave us up front, but it was a good chunk of money. I'm still going to turn in our reciepts once John gets to his command and see what we get back
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •