Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: FTS! Help!

  1. Psych Student by Day..
    Kara's Avatar
    Kara is offline
    Psych Student by Day..
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    13,113
    #1

    Confused FTS! Help!

    Advertisements
    Can someone explain to me what it is? I'm confused!


    Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  2. Account Closed
    JudyB's Avatar
    JudyB is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Feet on the ground
    Posts
    24,811
    #2
    Full Time Support...it's basically like reserves but you are active...

    This should really help explain it better than I can
    My dh is FTS and I still don't get it 100%...they have been talking about phasing it out sorta, just making it all one Navy..but not to sure if this will ever happen
    HTH
    http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/.../1306-1500.pdf
  3. Psych Student by Day..
    Kara's Avatar
    Kara is offline
    Psych Student by Day..
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    13,113
    #3
    Thank you so much! Do they get the same pay and benefits?


    Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  4. Put the alphabet in order...
    *tina*'s Avatar
    *tina* is offline
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Under a shady tree....
    Posts
    2,250
    #4
    You get AD pay, and AD benefits, Tricare, etc. Don't expect to go overseas unless you beg, and my DH HATES shore duty at a reserve center. In some rates, advancement is faster, in others, it's slower than molasses.
  5. Psych Student by Day..
    Kara's Avatar
    Kara is offline
    Psych Student by Day..
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    13,113
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NYNavyWife View Post
    You get AD pay, and AD benefits, Tricare, etc. Don't expect to go overseas unless you beg, and my DH HATES shore duty at a reserve center. In some rates, advancement is faster, in others, it's slower than molasses.
    Oh I see..and a navy reservist can do it?


    Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  6. Put the alphabet in order...
    *tina*'s Avatar
    *tina* is offline
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Under a shady tree....
    Posts
    2,250
    #6
    I believe it's pretty hard to get FTS from reserve, they usually want people who have never been prior service to be FTS, there is a program, but my DH said that everyone who applied this year from his command was turned down.
  7. Account Closed
    JudyB's Avatar
    JudyB is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Feet on the ground
    Posts
    24,811
    #7
    Yes it's harder to go reserve and then FTS...they say it's a small community and they kinda keep it that way for some reason or another. He should be able to go regular Navy pretty easy though. I would suggest Reg Nav over FTS...but thats just me and my frustration with FTS.
  8. Psych Student by Day..
    Kara's Avatar
    Kara is offline
    Psych Student by Day..
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    13,113
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
    Yes it's harder to go reserve and then FTS...they say it's a small community and they kinda keep it that way for some reason or another. He should be able to go regular Navy pretty easy though. I would suggest Reg Nav over FTS...but thats just me and my frustration with FTS.

    Oh I see. Well he's regular active navy right now. He'll be on active reserves in October. He can't reenlist because he has an NCS(National Call to Service) contract. He can reenlist in 2 years-but not right now


    Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
  9. Account Closed
    JudyB's Avatar
    JudyB is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Feet on the ground
    Posts
    24,811
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Oh I see. Well he's regular active navy right now. He'll be on active reserves in October. He can't reenlist because he has an NCS(National Call to Service) contract. He can reenlist in 2 years-but not right now

    Well, it never hurts to try for FTS ya know. Has he talked to a recruiter lately(not sure if that is who he would talk to)I do know that it seems hard to go from FTS to Reg Nav....dh isn't finding easy thats for sure, they told him he couldn't try until he hits his re-enlist mark which is next year and then that isn't even a guarantee they will let him go that easy. Good luck to you guys on whatever he decides to do
  10. Psych Student by Day..
    Kara's Avatar
    Kara is offline
    Psych Student by Day..
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    13,113
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
    Well, it never hurts to try for FTS ya know. Has he talked to a recruiter lately(not sure if that is who he would talk to)I do know that it seems hard to go from FTS to Reg Nav....dh isn't finding easy thats for sure, they told him he couldn't try until he hits his re-enlist mark which is next year and then that isn't even a guarantee they will let him go that easy. Good luck to you guys on whatever he decides to do
    Thank you so much for all your help! Good luck to your husband as well!


    Thank you for my siggy Stacey!
    He's home from Iraq!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •