Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about AIT

1. guardgirlfriend

Questions about AIT

Advertisements
    Okay, so can anyone tell me how things go at the end of AIT? Do they have like a graduation or what?

I'm clueless when it comes to this part, so any information would be a great help!
  2. NGsoldiersgirl
    My boyfriend is in the N Guard and I am pretty sure he mentioned something about a graduation after he completes the AIT portion of his traning. I am not positive but I do remember him mentioning something.
  3. Senior Member
    yeah there is a graduation, my Dh graduates August 9th. From what a friend told me about it, she said her Dh's graduation was alot more personal, compared to Basic graduation where they would just speak, and everyone would graduate at the same time, while during AIT Graduation, they actually call everyones name one by one, (like a high school or college graduation). And they let family go up close and take pictures and what not. hope this answers your question!
  4. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    There's a graduation.

I remember DB saying that it wasn't too exciting, but he ended up showing me all sorts of certificates and whatnot, so it must've been at least somewhat okay. I can ask him for details if you want, but I'm sure one of the other ladies here will already know them!
  5. guardgirlfriend
    If you wouldnt mind, I'd really like to know.

Is it like other types of military graduations where the family can go and visit and all of that?
  6. After all you're my wonderwall
    After all you're my wonderwall
    thank goodness for this thread, i need to know too..my db graduates on the 20th and i'm still debating on whether to go or not...do they have family day and that stuff? will we get to spend time together?
  7. guardgirlfriend
    Hehe db graduates the 3rd and it didnt occur to me until today that I might be able to go or not
  8. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart
    I know that when DH graduated (a month ago), they didn't have a family day like they did for basic. I don't know what they allowed them to do afterwards though because I threw DH in the car and headed back home because he had to report for HRAP. I'm pretty sure they got to spend time with their families though.
    Come grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
    -Browning
  9. ~rain~
    Dh is Army and when he graduated he said they had a graduation and then got the rest of the day to go be with their families and didn't have to be back til the next morning. I didn't go but looking back I wish I would have.
  10. After all you're my wonderwall
    After all you're my wonderwall
    yeah, i want to go..it's only 6 hours away, but db is like "i don't think we will be able to spend anytime together.." but i'm still going....hahaha
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast