Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did BCT change your SO?

1. Senior Member

How did BCT change your SO?

Advertisements

Between possible weight-loss and personality change I'm worried I won't recognize/know Ben once he's done with this process! How did your SO change? Particularly those of you with SOs that joined later in life.
  2. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    My DH went to BCT when he was 22- almost 23 years old. He actually GAINED weight (he's a skinny little thing so he gained muscle mass and they ate A LOT of food which helped him as well).

As far as personality changes.....when he first got home, he was much more mature, responsible, disciplined, caring, sweet, thoughtful, and didn't take me for granted. In other words, they were all GOOD changes.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    dh was severly ill through all of boot, he went from like 210 to 175 in weight. his weight now is like 200. his personality didn't change a whole lot, a little more responsible but that didn't kick in until he was going through school
  4. Senior Member
    Db just graduated on friday so I don't know how long this will stick but he has been amazing. He didn't look too different, except for the hair, but he was way more appreciative and sweet and he seemd a lot more mature and goal oriented....So far only changes for the better. Hopefully all that won't fade.

5. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    His hair was so different!

All the important parts that make him him should still be the same.

Try not to stress, he's probably worried about how you've changed too!
  6. valerie
    just like all the other ladies have said, all the changes were positive!!! His sense of humor is exactly the same!!! so i was very happy about that. he is more mature, more loving, more caring, more responsible. he is just absolutely amazing i love my df
  7. world~of~mirth
    My husband didn't change much. He gained some patience I think lol but he is still the same.

Appearance wise he gained 40lbs. He was 120 going in (at 6ft) and 160 when he left.
  8. Senior Member
    thanks ladies! db is 32... i guess i'm worried about him regressing (in terms of maturity) but it looks like that is unlikely to be a problem.
    Last edited by terpsichore; 06-26-2007 at 03:23 AM.
  9. Senior Member
    I don't think this merits a new thread... especially since talking about BCT stuff seems so silly when so many ladies in this forum face much larger hurdles with deployments.

Just wanted to say that...

I think BCT changes SOs too! Don't throw stones at me but... when DB first told me he was signing up I was horrified. I hoped and hoped that he would change his mind... right up to that last phone call from the airport while he was in transit to Ft. Jackson. I really mourned the decision during his first week at basic! And in just 22 days I really feel my attitude turning around.

I don't get weepy over Army recruitment commercials anymore. I'm starting to feel pride instead of disappointment. Thank goodness b/c I want this to be about him accomplishing a life-long goal and not me feeling sorry for myself.

Major thanks to the members of this forum for helping me get some perspective just by having the chance to read about your experiences
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by AustinJenny View Post
    I don't think this merits a new thread... especially since talking about BCT stuff seems so silly when so many ladies in this forum face much larger hurdles with deployments.

Just wanted to say that...

I think BCT changes SOs too! Don't throw stones at me but... when DB first told me he was signing up I was horrified. I hoped and hoped that he would change his mind... right up to that last phone call from the airport while he was in transit to Ft. Jackson. I really mourned the decision during his first week at basic! And in just 22 days I really feel my attitude turning around.

I don't get weepy over Army recruitment commercials anymore. I'm starting to feel pride instead of disappointment. Thank goodness b/c I want this to be about him accomplishing a life-long goal and not me feeling sorry for myself.

Major thanks to the members of this forum for helping me get some perspective just by having the chance to read about your experiences
    HOOAH!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast