Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Injuries during training??

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Injuries during training??

Advertisements
    DH is sidelined from a lot of things at BCT right now, because his knees are horribly inflamed(tendonitis, water on them). They have him on meds and everything.

My quetion is, will this affect him as far as favor/awards/promotions, etc??

It's bad enough that he's hurt but I think I will really if they end up holding it against him later.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    if he misses too much they will make him do boot again, it happened to a few guys in my hubby's BCT... I really hope he gets better!!!
  3. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    Yeah, if he misses a lot of things, especially if he misses his PT, grenade, and marksmanship tests, he could have to go back and do ALL of BCT again. However, all of this also depends on where he's doing training. Some drill sergeants will be more lenient than others. I hope he makes a full recovery soon and is able to get through on time!

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    if he misses too much they will make him do boot again, it happened to a few guys in my hubby's BCT
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    if he can't pass his PFA even due to medical reasons he has less chance of advancement once he's out of boot. however dh had knee problems and was sick a TON in boot camp and he was held back becausehe was in a bunch of pain but he was only held back 2 weeks. i'll be sending
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Everytime I see an acronym I don't understand I more. I'm so ridiculous at this point I am laughing at myself

So...what exactly is PFA? Is that the Firearms qualification?