Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Trying to figure out life after basic...

1. MysteryGirl12

Roll Eyes Trying to figure out life after basic...

Advertisements
    So my boyfriend's in basic training for the navy. He says he will be home for about 2 weeks (after the 2 months he's in bootcamp) then go to some kind of training or schooling in either Virginia or Charleston. He's signed up for Charleston because I will be going to CofC there and it's only 2 hours from home. Does anyone know what this is he'll be going to? I mean, what things are there only in VA and Charleston? Is it school or training or both. He has signed up to be on a sub if that helps any. I'm just the planning type and i like to have everything figured out and he's the type to wait and see...yeah, I need to know now! Lol. Can anyone help?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    well with the military you won't know in advance EVER EVER

dh went to nuke school in charleston, sc for a year and a half. do you know what your boyfriend is doing for the navy
  3. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    Yup Harrisonsdream said it! I would just let him give you information as it comes to him. Nothing is official until he's got papers or is on his way!

Welcome to the board!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  4. MysteryGirl12
    Thanks guys. This just goes against my ways and I'll have to get use to it I guess.
  5. MysteryGirl12
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    well with the military you won't know in advance EVER EVER

dh went to nuke school in charleston, sc for a year and a half. do you know what your boyfriend is doing for the navy
    He was going to go into the nuke program but I think he decided not to. He's going to be on a sub, basically he said he signed up with whatever would get him the most money, lol.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There are Nukes on subs. He'd be going to Nuke school in Charleston, SC for that. If he is going on subs in any other rate he'd be going to Groton, CT for sub school.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    he's a nuke hun. be prepared for a very very hard 1.5 hard years. once you go nuke you don't get out according to my husband, you can't down rate, cross rate, once you are nuke you are in until you get out of the navy or fail. if you have any more questions let me know