Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mail in Basic??

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Mail in Basic??

Advertisements
    My DH asked me to send his atm card, which I did. I sent the pin in a letter about two days later.
    Well, he got the pin, but not the card.

Do they withhold mail? Or is it generally just bumpy getting to them? I KNOW it was picked up by the mailman, but it was among the first letters I sent and apparently he just never got it.

I don't want to call and have the card cancelled, if he's only going to get that letter the next day....help?
  2. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart
    I know that when DH was in basic, his letters from me were always out of order. I would keep a close eye on the bank account though, just in case.
    Come grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
    -Browning
  3. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka
    The mail is crazy fucked up there. Things get crossed a lot, especially if there's something (like an ATM card) in the letter that's not just paper, right? If you wanna be super-safe, cancel it. But otherwise, give it a week or so and see if it makes its way to him.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Yeah I would keep a close eye on the acct, but mail is always messed up on bases, ESPECIALLY with the guys in BCT. How is it going for you with him gone? Holding up ok?
  5. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    I would give it a few more days, maybe keep an eye on the account (can you sign up for online banking so you can keep tabs on the spending of the card to make sure there's no purchases until he receives it?) and hopefully soon it will get there!

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

6. Senior Member
    Are you on the account? Will the bank talk to you?

Call the bank, let them know what happened and tell them to keep an eye on it and to contact you immediately if anything shows up.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Aww, thanks guys

Well, there is no money in the account, as he hasn't been paid yet, so even if the card was stolen...not much they could get

I'm wondering how out of order the mail is? He received several of them in order, from what he says, he just didn't get this one...and now, 15 letters later, I have no idea how many others he may be missing.

I'm doing ok with him gone. The worst is the nighttime, as you guys know, and it sucks that we have a whopping $4 to live on for the next two weeks...but other than that, I'm a-ok
  8. Senior Member
    Since there's no money in the account, I would pay extra attention to it because if the account goes in the negative, ya'll will be responsible for all of the fees.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie View Post
    Since there's no money in the account, I would pay extra attention to it because if the account goes in the negative, ya'll will be responsible for all of the fees.
    Will do, Jennie. That's a scary thought! I didn't realize you could overdraw on a zero balance?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    Will do, Jennie. That's a scary thought! I didn't realize you could overdraw on a zero balance?
    Oh yeah - very easily to do so if someone has it and they buy stuff off the internet. Companies can't accept or deny it over the internet, so if there's no money in it, then it's just gonna go negative.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast