Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUESTION ABOUT FAMILY DAY!?

1. Regular Member

Help QUESTION ABOUT FAMILY DAY!?

Advertisements
    Hi girls! I just have a quick question.. I hope that you all can help me out!
    DB is graduating from BCT on July 6 which means Family Day is July 5. Okay now with that being said, me and DB are under the impression that he gets to spend that entire day on Thursday with the family on the post! Then the next day we will watch him graduate and he will get an off post pass so that we can go off post to get married!
    Now the other day I was talking with his dad, and his dad said that we only got 2 hours with him on Family Day!?!?! Is that true?
    I've even gone on Fort Jackson's website and it shows that we're supposed to get a whole day, and I've even thought about talking with his recruiter to see!! Cuz it doesn't seem fair that they would only give us 2 hours to be with him on Family Day after having little contact with him for 2 months! That would really break my heart! Please let me know..so that I can let DB know!!!! THANKS
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I got to see my husband on family day for about 4 hours. The day is basically them showing off what they learned in demonstrations, and after that, they report back to their bay and get an off post pass until formation later which is close to lights out.
  3. Armylove
    on family day for us Dh got released at like noon and could spend the night out and had to be back at like 4 the next day. I think its different for everyone. But his family day was also a month before he graduated, and then the day before he graduated he got a pass out for the whole day, and then the day he graduated he got off and got to come home for the weekend.
  4. Regular Member
    Oh. I'm really hoping to get to spend as much time with him as I can! The more time the better! We're really trying to get married (like go to the courthouse or justice of the peace) after graduation, so that I can go with him to AIT. So what you all are saying is that we won't find out until we're down there????

5. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart
    You should get a letter explaining things a little better a few weeks (like 2) before the graduation. I guess since you aren't married it will go to his parents, not you, but you get the idea.
    Come grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
    -Browning
  6. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    My DH graduated BCT from Ft. Jackson. We got to go in the morning, then watch them do a drill thing (the entire time just wanting to run up and give them a huge hug but we couldn't), then they were finally released...probably around 10-11ish. We were able to stay ON post that day where he showed us around and hung out, ate lunch, etc...then he went back to his barracks around 8 or so that night. The next morning they were released after graduation (maybe around 11ish?) and we were able to go off-post (having an off post pass sometimes depends on the platoon/company he's in and if they were "good" or "bad"...) for the rest of the day until 8-9ish.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was under the impression that youc an't go with him to AIT, married or not, since it's a training school.
    If I'm wrong, someone please correct me...
  8. msdarbonne
    DH had basic at Jackson too. We got like 8 hours with him one day, and the rest of the day after the graduation, too. Congrats on his achievement!!
  9. msdarbonne
    Married couples are authorized to move to AIT if the training is more thatn 21 weeks. They have shortened a lot of the training so the Army doesn't have to pay for all these moves.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by msdarbonne View Post
    Married couples are authorized to move to AIT if the training is more thatn 21 weeks. They have shortened a lot of the training so the Army doesn't have to pay for all these moves.
    Thanks for answering that!! That's what I was told. My ds and I are getting a little off base apartment so we can be nearer to him if he gets day passes, though

Congrats to your husband though and I can't wait for mine to get out, too!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast