Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about being a recruiter...

1. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart

Question about being a recruiter...

Advertisements
    I don't know why this popped in my head, but I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer. If your DH becomes a recruiter, how do they decide where to send him?
    Come grow old along with me! The best is yet to be...
    -Browning
  2. msdarbonne
    My guess would be wherever they needed a recruiter.
  3. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart
    That's what I'm thinking, but I still feel the need to ask every question that pops into my head
    -Browning
  4. msdarbonne
    Only you!!!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    It depends.

If he volunteers, he gets "station of choice," HOWEVER, recruiting is broken up into four or five REGIONS, and "station of choice" means one of those regions. One region goes from Texas to North Dakota.

Another way, if he graduates recruiting school in the top of his class he gets station of choice, and I think THEN he gets to choose the specific city (not positive).

Otherwise, he goes where they need him.
  6. Soldier's Sweetheart
    Soldier's Sweetheart
    Thanks Goldi. I don't know why I felt the need to know this, I just did.
    -Browning
  7. I wanna lick the wrapper........
    I wanna lick the wrapper........
    My sister is an army recruiter and I never heard of station of choice thing. She's currently stationed in the Virgin Islands and that was never her choice the battalion she was previously stationed at needed a bilingual person in the virgin Islands and she got sent there she has been there for three years. She recently got new orders and is on her way to Greensboro, NC also not her choice. She wanted to go somewhere in Florida they told her no here is the districts where we need people and they gave her a bunch of places up North and she really didn't want to go. Because of some people she Knew she was able to get this current assignment which was the best place in the South she could find that was also in need of recruiters.

8. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    A buddy of ours got to go back to his hometown to be a recruiter.. not sure if that was a coincidence, but DH said it was b/c he would know people there b/c he's from there.. but I don't really know. LOL
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnersgirl View Post
    My sister is an army recruiter and I never heard of station of choice thing. She's currently stationed in the Virgin Islands and that was never her choice the battalion she was previously stationed at needed a bilingual person in the virgin Islands and she got sent there she has been there for three years. She recently got new orders and is on her way to Greensboro, NC also not her choice. She wanted to go somewhere in Florida they told her no here is the districts where we need people and they gave her a bunch of places up North and she really didn't want to go. Because of some people she Knew she was able to get this current assignment which was the best place in the South she could find that was also in need of recruiters.
    She has a special ability, the bilingual thing. Unfortunately, the more educated and diverse you are, the less choice you get.

If she is a "career recruiter", then no, she won't get stations of choice. But some come down on "recruiter duty", and it's not their primary job in the service. They just do it for a few years.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by girl20racer View Post
    A buddy of ours got to go back to his hometown to be a recruiter.. not sure if that was a coincidence, but DH said it was b/c he would know people there b/c he's from there.. but I don't really know. LOL
    How long was he there?

There is a program called the Hometown Recruiter Assistance Program where Soldiers (I dunno about Marines, etc) are sent home for about 30 days to "assist" their recruiters.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast