Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: he FINALLY gets my letters!!

1. chels_chels

Jump for Joy he FINALLY gets my letters!!

Advertisements
    yeah...i got a letter yesterday and he was SOOOOOOOO happy!!! that made my day because he was beginning to become a little depressed because he thought i forgot about him...(which i'll NEVER do...). he said he got his mom &&aunts letters occassionally...but he just got mine on monday...well like the first few i sent him. but i'm good now and i had to let you all who were helping keep my head up high about it....thanks!!!

(i've been called pathetic because i write him everyday...i gotta learn how to not take this criticism to the heart...my dad [who was in the Navy] told me that it's good because letters are what help them in BCT, AIT...or wherever they're at...and others in the military say they wish they had someone to write them everyday... guess people just don't understand until they get themselves a military man...)
  2. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    How is that pathetic? I think its awesome and probably your hubby feels the same way.. it just shows that in his absence that you think about him that much not to mention you can write it down on a piece of paper to get it out of your system.

I'm glad he got your letter!
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Awww, I am soo happy you heard from him. Those are the worst times when you dont now how he is and such. And then, like you said, you don't know if they are even getting the letters you sent him. So nerve racking ...

Glad you got letters as did he!!
  4. chels_chels
    Quote Originally Posted by girl20racer View Post
    How is that pathetic? I think its awesome and probably your hubby feels the same way.. it just shows that in his absence that you think about him that much not to mention you can write it down on a piece of paper to get it out of your system.

yeah...i don't know either...they say it's weird...i call it caring...they just don't get it. i'm just trying to adjust to all of the negativity and criticism...it's hard but i know im going to get more of it down the road...
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girl20racer View Post

I agree!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

YAY!
  7. Senior Member
    I know how you feel....When my husband first went to BCT & AIT he wrote me every day and I did him as well. Only he could mail his out everyday & I couldn't b/c he was being held over for a month before his firstday of BCT!!! He went in on 24th of Aug & started BCT 20 of Sept!!! It was almost a month and a half before he ever got my first letter due to the fact that they would not give him his mailing address until he started BCT. When I did get his address I think I mailed of 9 or 10 envelopes with 3 to 4 letters in each!!! I wrote everyday faityhfully & put pictures that our 1 1/2 year old at the time colored!!! He loved that!!! When he gets deployed I will do the same thing along with talking on the puter everyday if he has the chance for that!!! They need all the support and contact from home as much as possible!!!!
  8. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad he got the letters girl! Dh and I figured out that if I sent the letters by a certain day during the week he got them all on a Sunday or something like that... it was weird and it was only his division. LOL!!

I wrote him one EVERY DAY though. I would go to bed at night and write him one then telling him about my day and how much I missed him and all that because we usually talked every night before we went to bed before he left. I tried to make that as normal as possible for both of us. Bad or good day he got a letter. It's strange to people outside of your world because they don't understand it, but don't let their ignorance of the situation get you down. Their comments are without knowledge so they cannot say whether or not it's pathetic, because as far as you know... them complaining because they haven't talked to their BF or GF is pathetic to you! It's all in the eye of the beholder!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  9. Senior Member
    I wrote my husband once every 2 days but truthfully it was 2 days worth of letter writting for him
    you are not pathetic
    don't listen to those people
    we're here for ya
  10. Lovin' my Marine!
    Lovin' my Marine!
    YAY! Awesome!
    Loving my Marine!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast