Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Enlisted to Officer?

1. Punchie

Enlisted to Officer?

Advertisements
    Does anyone have experience w/this? Specifically w/the AF? DH is considering this, and I wanted to know what it was like. I know that's pretty vague, but I have no clue about it. There are two programs he's looking at applying for -- one would let him stay AD, but he would be "attached" to a ROTC unit, and give him $15K per yr for college. Once he graduated, he would go to OTS. The other program would give him $15K per yr for college, but he would have to separate from the AF and become a ROTC cadet. He's just this side of shy of meeting the requirements for either program.
  2. You may call me "Lippy"
    You may call me "Lippy"
    DBF is looking into this for the Army. In the Army it is called the Green to Gold program. You can google it and get some info. I think it is on the goarmy.com website too. Not sure about AF though. Sorry.
    I would like to be with my for a while but thats what made me so tired in the first place!
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I'd help you out, but my husband's in it for the Navy....
  4. Senior Member
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We have had friends do it; but, they had some collage in them. My DH was thinking about it but doesn't want to deal with the politics that officer world has. He likes being a grunt and many of the officers here seem to be really snotty.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    One more things, he would need to attend OTS (Officer's training school). Asked my hubby about it.

Take care.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz