Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Questions

1. MJFish

Confused Contact Questions

Advertisements
    How long does it usually take to hear from him?
    It's only been 6 days (agh! It feels like it has been weeks!). I thought they could call on Sundays?
    He's always been kind of careless about people and doesn't seem to mind removing people from his life. I'm terrified that he would do such a thing to me! I hope I'm just over-thinking.

Is there some limit to how much I should write?
    LOL I've written 40 pages so far. haha. I guess I'm going a little nuts. I don't want his letters to stand out and be searched and crap, so I'm thinking about maybe rewriting and summarizing the letters, though I'd hate to do that. Or maybe I'll just put 2 pages in an envelope at a time so the envelopes aren't fat. LOL.
    He's never going to have time to read my letters. He's always been extremely lazy and could never do more than one thing in a day (He's so funny...for example, if he had a 2 hour doctors appointment in the morning he'd call everything else for the day off and then whine to me about he had a long day. rofl.) So I imagine Basic Training is probably eating him up. haha. Maybe that's why I haven't heard from him??

Can I send pictures?
    They're from a digital camera so they're printed on reg paper.. It wouldn't be detectable through the envelope,
    but I wasn't sure if they will actually search his mail or what?

Do his letters have to be plain?
    I obviously have a lot of time on my hands now that school is out for the summer, so I started drawing and coloring on the letters... but if his stuff is searched then that is probably not a good idea, right? lol. I don't want him to have to work harder than he is because I knowww he'll be mad at me.

ahhhhh!
    I'm going to go crazy if I don't hear from him soon! LOL.
  2. Senior Member
    The first phone call I recieved from my DB was almost 2 weeks after he got there. And then I didnt here from him again until like the last 3 sundays he was there. I would stick to plain envelopes but probably having drawings and stuff on the inside shouldn't matter.
    *Nobody said it would be easy..they only said it would be worth it*

3. Senior Member
    I would make the letters as plain as you can in BCT..

My little brother was allowed 4 letters per week, and every one extra then that, he had to do 100 push ups to earn them during mail call..

I'd bet that pink frilly smelly-good envelopes wuld be worth even more pushups...

Post cards are read outloud, because the last thing written on them is the address.. I don't put my name on the return address either, just the address...
  4. Armylove
    I never got a phone call while DH was in basic, and neither did any of his family. We only got letters. yes you can send pictures. I wouldnt send all those pages at once. DH got into a lot of trouble for getting envelopes that were too full. Or not standard sized.

Just color on the envelopes but you can do whatever you want to the letter.
  5. MJFish
    Thanks for the quick replies!
    For some reason I thought they could call on Sundays. LOL. IDK where I got that from. Oh well.
  6. MJFish
    OMG HE CALLED ME.
    And we got to talk for a whole 30 minutes!
    Someone smuggled a cell phone into BCT. LOL.
  7. Senior Member
    That's awesome!!!! And to think, he could have called his mom, but he called YOU!!!
  8. MJFish
    He also said he sent three letters my way. I just haven't gotten them yet.

I called his mom ASAP. Just got off the phone with her. She was so thrilled to hear that he's doing well.
  9. Senior Member
    i am not exactly sure how someone smuggled a cell phone into boot camp. when i went, they went through ALL of our stuff. i would have never even thought to try to smuggle something in, the reprecusions are way worse than i would have cared to go through. glad you heard from him though

10. msdarbonne
    Don't hold your breath waiting for the letters now that you know he's sent them. They take forever to get to you. And my advice would be that you send him letters everyday. I don't think my husband had mailcall everyday, so if you save up the letters to send him one big one, it could take longer for him to get it. I wouldn't worry about him doing pushups for extra letters. I'm sure he won't mind as long as he gets to hear from you. I think my husband did say something about extra pushups, but I don't think it was a hundred a piece. It all depends on where he is at basic at i guess.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast