Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules and letters?

1. Senior Member

Rules and letters?

Advertisements
    Last edited by Aurora; 01-04-2010 at 07:17 PM.

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That must be a new rule. I've never heard of that. I got cards when I was there. Hope you get the answer that you are looking for
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  3. Senior Member

4. Banned
    Banned
    I've never heard of that, either. It sounds like some rumor or something.
  5. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    I haven't heard of that either...I know DH got annoyed with me when I wrote him in green ink lol becasue it was harder for him to sneek read it at night! I also sent DH hallmark type cards and I know his mom and grandfather did all the time. I am not sure if it is a new rule or rumor though. but I would go ahead with what he said as to not get him in trouble. Tell him to tell you if he notice's other people getting colorful mail or cards and if they don't get yelled at then send away!
  6. inlovewithjon
    When Jon was at Basic, he asked me to write in green ink because that is their PLT color and it was easier for the person sorting out the mail. As for the stickers...I would put stickers on the envelopes like hearts and lips and the drill sergent made Jon do pushups and stuff for it. It's sooo stupid! God forbid he actually has someone that loves him back home...grrr. I'm ok now...lol.
  7. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inlovewithjon View Post
    When Jon was at Basic, he asked me to write in green ink because that is their PLT color and it was easier for the person sorting out the mail. As for the stickers...I would put stickers on the envelopes like hearts and lips and the drill sergent made Jon do pushups and stuff for it. It's sooo stupid! God forbid he actually has someone that loves him back home...grrr. I'm ok now...lol.
    I say load them up with stickers, hearts, spray with perfume.....

My little Loves!
  8. aka yankeelady78
    aka yankeelady78
    Anything that gets you noticed, like hearts and stickers on the outside of the envelope, is going to mean pushups for your SO! And don't send a package, my mom sent me one when I was in basic, and I had to get on my knees, crawl into the RDC's office, open it in front of them to make sure there was no contraband, and crawl out. But I got letters and cards, mail is so important in boot camp, so write a lot!! How much longer does he have?
    Amy
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeelady78 View Post
    Anything that gets you noticed, like hearts and stickers on the outside of the envelope, is going to mean pushups for your SO! And don't send a package, my mom sent me one when I was in basic, and I had to get on my knees, crawl into the RDC's office, open it in front of them to make sure there was no contraband, and crawl out. But I got letters and cards, mail is so important in boot camp, so write a lot!! How much longer does he have?
    That is pretty terrible! I can't believe they made you crawl! He just left a week ago so he still has 8 weeks left. His parents haven't even gotten his address yet. I'm not a big sticker girl, so that wouldn't be an issue, but I wanted to send him a really cute hallmark card with his letter.

Thanks for your input ladies! I really appreciate it.

10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    just make sure the envelopes aren't obvious or get attention drawn to it. you can send cards i sent them to dh, you can send them newspaper clippings, etc any flat mail
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast