Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Phone calls

  1. Kevsgirl
    Guest
    Kevsgirl's Avatar
    Guest
    #1

    Phone calls

    Advertisements
    My DB graduates this week. A little bothered by the fact that I cant go. I have a 3 week old baby that I cant make the trip with... But How many calls do they get in Basic? I have gotten 1 call the 9 weeks they have been gone. I think he calls his mom more. Shes a chronic liar and makes it out like he calls every sunday....can they call every sunday? And does anyone have a DH or DB that is at FT. Leonard Wood? Hows that going to work as far as visiting him there and calling him or him calling out? I miss him!
  2. Banned
    goldilockz's Avatar
    goldilockz is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    25,776
    #2
    Although he CAN call every Sunday (usually) it doesn't mean he IS. Sundays are for going to church services and cleaning like it's the end of the world.

    I went to basic at Ft Leonard Wood, but not AIT. My friend did though and it's a lot like basic there, with a few extra privileges from what I hear. He will get to call out a lot more and depending on how long his AIT (advanced training) is, he might get to take passes to go home. How long is his school?
  3. Kevsgirl
    Guest
    Kevsgirl's Avatar
    Guest
    #3
    His AIT is another 9 weeks. His mom told me that he could get passes to leave I guess if hes "good". But can you go up there just any weekend?
  4. Banned
    goldilockz's Avatar
    goldilockz is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    25,776
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevsgirl View Post
    His AIT is another 9 weeks. His mom told me that he could get passes to leave I guess if hes "good". But can you go up there just any weekend?
    I will tentatively say yes because if they are allowed to leave base you will be allowed to see him, but not stay in his room. You would have to get a hotel. However, if they aren't, you're out of luck. I was in a really long school, so we got more passes because we were away from family longer, but there were spans of time when one platoon was on restriction for like a month.
  5. After all you're my wonderwall
    allypooh's Avatar
    allypooh is offline
    After all you're my wonderwall
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,608
    #5
    my db went to fort leonard wood too and he called every sunday. and we talked for over 10 mins, but he got to call because he did things and got rewards and stuff....but my db also took his cell phone so that helped him out...you can't call him..you have to wait until he calls you. they have family day, after the short program they have, they have all day to "mess around" go out to with family, etc....so he will get to call you on family day..I know you miss him! Just remember, you made it through these 9 weeks, you will be able to make it through a lot more!
  6. Banned
    goldilockz's Avatar
    goldilockz is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    25,776
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by allypooh View Post
    my db went to fort leonard wood too and he called every sunday. and we talked for over 10 mins, but he got to call because he did things and got rewards and stuff....but my db also took his cell phone so that helped him out...you can't call him..you have to wait until he calls you. they have family day, after the short program they have, they have all day to "mess around" go out to with family, etc....so he will get to call you on family day..I know you miss him! Just remember, you made it through these 9 weeks, you will be able to make it through a lot more!
    He had his cell for AIT, right? Not basic, I assume?
  7. After all you're my wonderwall
    allypooh's Avatar
    allypooh is offline
    After all you're my wonderwall
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,608
    #7
    I just got back from seeing my SO this weekend, he is at AIT..after a few weeks in AIT they get overnight passes, they have to apply for them and if they are "good" they get the overnight pass..Yes, you really do get to stay overnight with them...and they usually have the whole day on sunday off..since mike told me that they have moved to a 6 day work week...saturdays they don't get off until 2 or later..mike didn't get free until 6 so...it just depends!
  8. After all you're my wonderwall
    allypooh's Avatar
    allypooh is offline
    After all you're my wonderwall
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,608
    #8
    no he had his cell phone at basic....he didn't have it on him at all. just on sundays they gave it to him so he could call.
  9. Kevsgirl
    Guest
    Kevsgirl's Avatar
    Guest
    #9
    Kevin has his cell at Basic as well but he has to use a calling card to call home. Im assuming he can take it with him to AIT and use it up there...What will he do when he gets done with AIT? Will they station him somewhere or what? Im new to this whole thing. We were kind of split up when he left and he really didnt get to explain a whole lot to me. He has a family day On thursday and he graduates basic friday can he call on his family day or no?
  10. Banned
    goldilockz's Avatar
    goldilockz is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    25,776
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevsgirl View Post
    Kevin has his cell at Basic as well but he has to use a calling card to call home. Im assuming he can take it with him to AIT and use it up there...What will he do when he gets done with AIT? Will they station him somewhere or what? Im new to this whole thing. We were kind of split up when he left and he really didnt get to explain a whole lot to me. He has a family day On thursday and he graduates basic friday can he call on his family day or no?
    Yeah he can call on family day.

    He has his cell in basic? ed

    Toward the end of AIT, they will find out their duty stations.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •