Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I'm missing him!

1. Senior Member

I'm missing him!

Advertisements
    My husband left 6 days ago for Navy bootcamp in Illinois. I miss him so much. He called me when his plane landed but I haven't heard from him since. Is that normal? I just got his address today from his recruiter. When will he be able to start sending me letters and stuff? I have been trying to stay busy with the kids so I dont get to missing him to much but it's not easy. I mean the boys keep me busy but because the weather sucks here I have been home alot ya know? Any tips or advice or words from experience would be very appreciated. I just hate not knowing what is going on. And today I got all his clothes that he left with. That was so sad to me anyways. And also after this my husband is going to school in Mississippi. When he is done with that he flies home and do I pick him up at the airport or does his recruiter bring him home like he picked him up? And do I buy him a plane ticket or does the navy supply that? Thanks so much you guys. This is such a hard time right now. And I know I am whining and some of you guys go alot longer without your SO's and let me tell you I give you a lot of credit for even getting out of bed
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    they are allowed to call when they get there to let their family know they are safe. expect about 2 weeks before you start getting letters but start writing him now since you have his address.

stay as busy as you can. try and keep a steady routine.

you buy the plane ticket for him to come home if he isn't going to school or to a duty station for the navy. you pick him up at the airport
  3. ashlee4806
    I agree, it takes about 2 or 3 weeks to start hearing from him. They usually only get enough time to write letters on Sunday. I got mine on Wednesdays starting the 4th week of bootcamp.
    Write him EVERY day! My DH says that's the only thing that kept him focused on graduating. He said he tried harder because he knew I'd be waiting for him the day of Graduation.
    I got my first phone call the 4th week of bootcamp and one every week after that. Sometimes if someone gets in trouble though it doesn't happen as much.
    You'll start feeling like he doesn't love you anymore, or that he's forgotten about you..but trust me that's hardly the case!!!!! They just are SO busy being becoming a Team with their division that the RDC's don't give them much time to contact family.
    Anyway, Good luck! Remember to write him a lot! The more you write to him, the better it will make you feel.
    Also, spray some of his favorite perfume of yours on his letters! My DH loved it when I did that!
    Last edited by ashlee4806; 04-03-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typos
  4. Loving my sailor!
    Loving my sailor!
    DH called when he got there....to let us know he was there and safe. And then it took about 3 weeks before the first letter. And then i got one letter once a week. And i got 3 calls the whole time he was in BC.
  5. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    yep, what they say.

and give yourself some credit too! the bootcamp goodbye is one of the hardest ones!
  6. Armylove
    i heard for dh about 4 days after he got there. I got a phone call and started getting letters. You can make it.
  7. Senior Member
    thanks you guys. the recruiter seems to think he should call sunday since its easter and it would be like 10-11 days since he arrived. So hopefully I will. I'm trying to stay positive but I got htis flu thing. I was doing ok but now that I am pent up in the house I am dwelling on the fact that hes gone ya know? If I could be going out and stuff it would be different. I cant take much meds since I'm pregnant so its taking a while for this one to pass. But thanks for all the positive thinking. It has def lifted my spirits.