Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PT test?

1. inlovewithjon

PT test?

Advertisements
    I'm so confused right now. I got a letter from DB yesterday and he has all of these injuries...and he is supossed to graduate in 8 days. He still has to pass his PT test, but how do they expect him to pass it with half of his body messed up? He's on medication that makes him sleepy also, which doesn't help. Would they excuse him, and still let him graduate, or will he have to stay longer? I'm just so worried about him i can't think straight. Any words of advice or encouragement would be much appreciated.
  2. Armylove
    they will probably make him take it, or they would push back his graduation, and he will take it when the next class does it.

Im not really sure hunny! I hope he feels better! Try and not think about it to much
  3. BAMF Marine Wifey
    BAMF Marine Wifey
    I'm not sure how Army basic training is... but when DB was on Parris Island for MC bootcamp they pulled him from his plt 3 days before the crucible (the final test before they come a Marine) because they claimed he had a stress fracture in his arm (which they later decided never existed after holding him in medical for a month!!!!:mad :mad :mad )

It is definitly possible they make make him wait until they're sure he's better. However, I ended up getting through the delay by looking at it this way: the longer he's stuck in the training phase, the longer until they can deploy him!!
    Stephanie
    Proud Marine Wifey Of Patrick
    *Surviving Deployment #3*

4. Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!
    Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!
    Quote Originally Posted by inlovewithjon View Post
    I'm so confused right now. I got a letter from DB yesterday and he has all of these injuries...and he is supossed to graduate in 8 days. He still has to pass his PT test, but how do they expect him to pass it with half of his body messed up? He's on medication that makes him sleepy also, which doesn't help. Would they excuse him, and still let him graduate, or will he have to stay longer? I'm just so worried about him i can't think straight. Any words of advice or encouragement would be much appreciated.
    I just asked my hubby and he told me that in the marine corps basic training if you fail PT you still graduate but those people have to go what to what they call "fat camp" They have 3 months to pass if not they have to stay there until they pass..but they wont excuse him for injury. hope that help!
    Mommy To:Lala & JC
    "I love my Marine...."
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    one of two things will happen: 1. they'll make him do it or 2. they'll postpone grad.
  6. BAMF Marine Wifey
    BAMF Marine Wifey
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_wifeyUSMC View Post
    I just asked my hubby and he told me that in the marine corps basic training if you fail PT you still graduate but those people have to go what to what they call "fat camp" They have 3 months to pass if not they have to stay there until they pass..but they wont excuse him for injury. hope that help!
    They wont EXCUSE him for injury, but they will put them in the Male Rehabilitation Plt in MC boot if the injuries cause him to be unable to pass the PFT. There they get proper medical care and Physical therapy/training so that they heal & are able to pass. The "fat camp" plt (i cant remember the actual name of the plt either) is something completely different, it takes the recruits that cant pass the initial PFTs and trains them until they can... they wouldnt drop him into that plt 8 days before grad.

&& If i understood correctly, he's not in MC boot, but Army basic in Fort Jackson isnt he?
    Stephanie
    Proud Marine Wifey Of Patrick
    *Surviving Deployment #3*

7. Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!
    Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsGirl317 View Post
    They wont EXCUSE him for injury, but they will put them in the Male Rehabilitation Plt in MC boot if the injuries cause him to be unable to pass the PFT. There they get proper medical care and Physical therapy/training so that they heal & are able to pass. The "fat camp" plt (i cant remember the actual name of the plt either) is something completely different, it takes the recruits that cant pass the initial PFTs and trains them until they can... they wouldnt drop him into that plt 8 days before grad.

&& If i understood correctly, he's not in MC boot, but Army basic in Fort Jackson isnt he?
    i was typing to fix what i said cus my hubby understood me wrong. lol he will put him in MRP(Marine Recovery Program)....he thought i was saying he couldnt pass at all...never disregard the "fat camp"

and i told her that i didnt know if it was the same as bootcamps in the marine corps.
    Mommy To:Lala & JC
    "I love my Marine...."
  8. Armylove
    I will ask my husband for you when he wakes up. BUt I am pretty sure they will make him take it, if they havent already put him in medical. And if he does not pass, he will most likely get a second try, and then if he dosent pass again, they will push him back to graduate with the next class that is closest to graduate where he is.
  9. inlovewithjon
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsGirl317 View Post
    Yeah, he's at Fort Jackson
  10. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    good luck! that really blows
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast