Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: soon graduating

1. inlovewithjon

soon graduating

Advertisements
    My boyfriend has 11 more days of basic left. do they get more privileges now? I haven't heard from him in so long, i would think he would have more time since he's graduating on April 6th...
  2. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I'm not sure but I would think they would be so busy since they are graduating soon that you would have less of a chance to hear from him. I'd say you have a better chance after the graduation.
  3. Stay off the grass
    Stay off the grass
    I heard nothing from John in the last two weeks because they went to the field for training, they were still allowed to get mail but that was it. I got a call the sunday before he graduated to make sure I had everything I needed to come to his graduation. Of course his DS's were very lax and allowed the guys 1 phone call every sunday, anywhere from 5-20 minutes. Is he at Jackson, I have always heard it referred to as Relaxin Jackson. Maybe that was just for the girl's bootcamp.
  4. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    During the last 2 weeks of basic, they are really the busiest. They are doing all of their tests, then they go on "Victory Forge" or some equivalent field training exercise where they are gone for multiple days spending the night out in the field - no letters, no phones, etc. He probably won't get phone access until very close to graduation and then afterwards.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

5. inlovewithjon
    Quote Originally Posted by privatelaun View Post
    I heard nothing from John in the last two weeks because they went to the field for training, they were still allowed to get mail but that was it. I got a call the sunday before he graduated to make sure I had everything I needed to come to his graduation. Of course his DS's were very lax and allowed the guys 1 phone call every sunday, anywhere from 5-20 minutes. Is he at Jackson, I have always heard it referred to as Relaxin Jackson. Maybe that was just for the girl's bootcamp.
    Yeah, he's a Fort Jackson. He has never talked for 5-20 minutes! We can only talk for usually 3-4 mins every other week!
  6. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    Quote Originally Posted by privatelaun View Post
    My DH was at Ft. Jackson as well - and we always heard the "relaxin' jackson" thing, but it turned out to be NOT TRUE for his platoon! I think he only got 3 phone calls during his entire 2 months there and if I was lucky, 2 letters a week.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

7. ImissmySailor
    My hubby graduates frm bootcamp on the 20th because he got in trouble for call me so late at night, and he would of graduated on the 6th friday, but o well thats what he gets, i know he misses me but i mean he knows im here for him he just gets sad i guess. what suxs is that i had to changed the plane arragments and ever thing moved up 2 weeks but its ok i still cant wait to see him.
  8. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    Yeah I dont tihnk he will have much free time..I know in the navy bootcamp DH was VERY busy becuase they were doing all test's and the training and the games against each group...not sure else to explain it..lol but like you see on TV where they run threw the courses and stuff...I think he did that for 2 days straight..and it was a big deal.
  9. Kevsgirl
    Im in the same situation. My boyfriend graduates the 13th of this month. I rarely hear from him anymore. It sucks. I just had his baby 2 weeks ago and he hasnt seen her. I cant even go to his graduation cause I cant drive 10 hours with a newborn!! Good luck to you