Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 6 more years

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

6 more years

Advertisements
    So, DB is reenlisting today, 6 more years

LOL, it's something we have discussed for the past two years. At times I wanted him to get out, at times he wanted to get out. But staying in is the best decision for him and for us so, here we gooooooo

Self-reflective rant: but I cant believe how far I've come personally. Surviving many underways/deployments/long periods of no comms, it has made me a much stronger person and I'm better able to focus on the positives in life. My perspective has changed so much that I am actually excited about the adventures we'll have over the next 6 years, whereas 4 years ago I was scared shitless of the unknown

Anyway, how much longer does your SO have if they're mil?
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Husband will probably keep doing it until they tell him to go away

“You had to roll up in a wheelbarrow and when you tried to salute your arm fell off...PISS OFF! Go bother someone else!”

Honestly, I don’t know. Military contracts here are often a little more open ended than they seem to be in the United States, so I suppose it will end whenever he gets sick of it. He’s certainly thinking about what he might like to do next (though as yet I’m not sure he knows), and we’ve discussed it, but he still likes what he does too much to stop.
  3. Senior Member
    Hang in there, girly!

9 more years until hubs retires. I'm praying to the monitor gods that at some point you and I wind up in the same place again. San Diego would be nice

4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Congrats! That's exciting. You looked gorgeous at his reenlistment

The husband has 8 more years until retirement.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post

*runs to check Facebook*
    Damn, you weren't lying!

Hey C, tell mr. DB that I still like the blue digis better

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Husband will probably keep doing it until they tell him to go away

“You had to roll up in a wheelbarrow and when you tried to salute your arm fell off...PISS OFF! Go bother someone else!”

Honestly, I don’t know. Military contracts here are often a little more open ended than they seem to be in the United States, so I suppose it will end whenever he gets sick of it. He’s certainly thinking about what he might like to do next (though as yet I’m not sure he knows), and we’ve discussed it, but he still likes what he does too much to stop.
    Officer contracts are actually pretty open-ended in the US. Unlike Enlisted contracts, there isn't really a contact length. Often, a specific training will buy you commitment time (go to flight school and owe 8 years from wings; grad school means you owe 2? years, etc.). Or, there are bonuses to incentivize people in certain fields to stay in, and if you take the bonus, you owe X years. Beyond that, it's really just your current set of orders. In the Navy, I think if you take sea duty orders, you owe 12 months and shore duty 24, and then you can get out at any time after that until you take new orders, and then the clock resets. (I could easily be wrong on those numbers.)

~~
    Who knows really, but if I had to guess, I'd say DH has at least 6 more years until he gets out. Some days, that seems incredibly manageable and even exciting, and others, it seems forever. Thankfully, we still have far, far more of the "stay in" days than the "get out" days!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Hang in there, girly!

9 more years until hubs retires. I'm praying to the monitor gods that at some point you and I wind up in the same place again. San Diego would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    *runs to check Facebook*
    Damn, you weren't lying!

Hey C, tell mr. DB that I still like the blue digis better
    How incredible would it be to end up in the same place again!!! And Dean LOVES San Diego!!

I miss the blue's tooooo :'( lol. He hates wearing camo in general, he wants to go back to the days where he wore a plain blue top and blue pants LOL
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by germy View Post

Thank youuuuu
  9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Officer contracts are actually pretty open-ended in the US. Unlike Enlisted contracts, there isn't really a contact length. Often, a specific training will buy you commitment time (go to flight school and owe 8 years from wings; grad school means you owe 2? years, etc.). Or, there are bonuses to incentivize people in certain fields to stay in, and if you take the bonus, you owe X years. Beyond that, it's really just your current set of orders. In the Navy, I think if you take sea duty orders, you owe 12 months and shore duty 24, and then you can get out at any time after that until you take new orders, and then the clock resets. (I could easily be wrong on those numbers.)

~~
    Who knows really, but if I had to guess, I'd say DH has at least 6 more years until he gets out. Some days, that seems incredibly manageable and even exciting, and others, it seems forever. Thankfully, we still have far, far more of the "stay in" days than the "get out" days!
    Yes, that’s similar, although here it applies to other-ranks as well as officers.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell