Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Life as MP

1. Senior Member

Life as MP

Advertisements
    SO has decided to go through the paperwork to transfer to active duty mp for the army. He currently is civilian police officer so I’m just curious what’s the difference? What’s the scdhule like? Are they on deployment rotation? Anyone here’s spouse a current mp? What does their job entail? Can you go to any base/post or do more go somewhere over others for pcs? Just looking for “in general” information because I know everyone’s situation can be a little different. I know we have some time cuz it can take a while to go from reserv/guard to active duty, but just looking for a few answers.

Also, sorry for the typos, on my phone and autocorrect is ridiculous!

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Every post as "police", and they do deploy as well so all those things are possible at some point.

Before he and you get too far down this rabbit hole, first make sure he is age eligible (after waivers for time in the reserves, which I don't know exactly how would be handled compared to waivers for active time). That's something there are rarely waivers for. Second, have him talk to a recruiter to make sure there are no glaring things that disqualify him.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Every post as "police", and they do deploy as well so all those things are possible at some point.

Before he and you get too far down this rabbit hole, first make sure he is age eligible (after waivers for time in the reserves, which I don't know exactly how would be handled compared to waivers for active time). That's something there are rarely waivers for. Second, have him talk to a recruiter to make sure there are no glaring things that disqualify him.
    Thanks, he’s already going down that rabbit hole. Not sure if I’m excited or not. He has talked to his command and a recruiter and will be submitting paperwork probably next couple of months. He’s civilian LE now, I guess my biggest thing is Deployment’s as active duty. I’m not sure I want to go through a deployment every other year. And we’re ttc now, he’ll miss half the child’s life because of deployments. That’s a lot for me to take in....