Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Marine Corps Recruiter

1. Senior Member

Marine Corps Recruiter

Advertisements
    I am hoping someone whose spouse is a Corps recruiter will see this. My husband is wondering if the Marine Corps is currently accepting prior enlisted Marines again.

He did his first contract as a tanker in the Corps. Then he got out, realized he wanted back in, but the Corps wasn't taking prior enlisted. So, he joined the Army as an infantryman. He would be very happy to go EOD in the Corps (the Army isn't taking E5 for EOD). If anyone could run that question past their spouse, I'd appreciate it. He plans to try and contact a recruiter personally within the next month or two. I just figured I'd float the question on here and see if there was anyone who knew.

Thank you for any help.
  2. Moderator

My husband is a Marine Corps recruiter. I passed along this question to him and will let you know what he says!
  3. Senior Member
    According to my husband who's a recruiter they are currently accepting prior enlisted. He'd either need to finish his current Army enlistment or see if he can get approved for an inter-service transfer.
  4. Moderator

They are but it depends on his reenlistment code.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    They are but it depends on his reenlistment code.
    Well, he's perfectly capable of reenlisting. He actually just (back in October) signed another 3 year contract with the Army. He was wanting to reclass (preferably into EOD), but the infantry is balanced for E5. So no E5's could move to anything else. Plus, Army EOD won't take anything above E4.

It's kind of blowing our minds right now that this is an actual possibility. He has missed the Marine Corps for so long. We have told ourselves (when getting wistful for the Corps) that if he'd stayed in, we wouldn't have the family we have now. Timing would have been different. The dog rescued would have likely not been adopted and been put down. We wouldn't have the son and daughter we have now. So, we always figured it was worth it to have what we have no for not having the Corps anymore...but to think he could wind up going back, it's almost too good to be true lol
  6. Senior Member
    As long as he's realistic about the fact that the Army may hold him to the full 3 years and the opening for prior service may no longer be available. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you all!
  7. Senior Member
    Well, he got ahold of the recruiter up here today. He found the form he needs for release from the Army for an inter-service transfer. Tomorrow he will go talk specific dates and information (as much as is possible) with the recruiter. We are a happy kind of shocked. Hopefully this works out. If not, well, then it wasn't supposed to go this way.