Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hello Guys

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Hello Guys

Advertisements
    Its been a while been here , been dealing with a lot of issues health wise while trying to attend school and work. My apologies for the long absence. I need some honest advice on what my next steps should be. I tried talking to my my S/O about my concerns and he seems pretty understanding but I guess need an anonymous perspective.
    First lets I am very happy to announce we hit our three year anniversary as a couple. Never we would make it here.

Anyways, I have some concerns/questions about my s/o career route he wants to take. He tried to answer all my question but I'm still a little clue because I'm used to operating under the ARMY'S Guidelines and not the Marines.
    Okay so I am going to list all my questions. Just a little background, my s/o just got promoted to Sergeant, he is 30, in really good shape, and very ambitious. He is hoping to apply for special forces or embassy duty when he finished this deployment in May 2017 I think.

What are the odds that he will get picked for special forces?
    Will being married be a deterrent?
    How will special forces help his career?
    Isnt there an age deadline for special forces?
    For embassy duty, will being married matter?
    Does age matter, is there a cutoff for special forces?

I'm sure I will have plenty more questions as we go along.

Any answers you have will help greatly, I just need someone who has actual experience with the application process for either special forces/embassy duty this because google just gives you the basics.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atlast1985 View Post
    Its been a while been here , been dealing with a lot of issues health wise while trying to attend school and work. My apologies for the long absence. I need some honest advice on what my next steps should be. I tried talking to my my S/O about my concerns and he seems pretty understanding but I guess need an anonymous perspective.
    First lets I am very happy to announce we hit our three year anniversary as a couple. Never we would make it here.

Anyways, I have some concerns/questions about my s/o career route he wants to take. He tried to answer all my question but I'm still a little clue because I'm used to operating under the ARMY'S Guidelines and not the Marines.
    Okay so I am going to list all my questions. Just a little background, my s/o just got promoted to Sergeant, he is 30, in really good shape, and very ambitious. He is hoping to apply for special forces or embassy duty when he finished this deployment in May 2017 I think.

What are the odds that he will get picked for special forces?
    Will being married be a deterrent?
    How will special forces help his career?
    Isnt there an age deadline for special forces?
    For embassy duty, will being married matter?
    Does age matter, is there a cutoff for special forces?

I'm sure I will have plenty more questions as we go along.

Any answers you have will help greatly, I just need someone who has actual experience with the application process for either special forces/embassy duty this because google just gives you the basics.
    So he is a Marine (you mentioned following the Army's gudelines)?

For MSG duty, he cannot be married when he's E5 (Sgt) and below-- E6 he can be married.

He'll need to meet with a career planner to get the application process started.