My husband is an active duty 1st Lieutenant in the Army and he may be getting out next November. We've been looking into next steps; he's always said after the Army, he would go to school to be a physicians assistant. We're now looking at either leaving the Army and going to PA school, or trying to get into IPAP, the Army's physicians assistant program. I've done some research, but I'm not sure how all the puzzle pieces fit and was wondering if anyone's ever been through this or has any type of insight.

If my husband were to transition to Army Reserve after finishing is AD time, how would that factor in with IPAP? Are those in IPAP active duty only?

Know there are people who've been through worse, but my husband is on his second deployment in three years now. IPAP sounds great, but I'm not sure if I want him to be in the Army anymore. He is 25 and I'm 24, and I imagine that when he is done with IPAP, we'll be at a time in our lives when we'd like to start a family. I am really adamant about not having a family until we're settled and he's not going to be leaving to go on deployments, etc. So not sure if this is a good idea for us. It'd be great if he got school paid for and he's still getting to be in the Army, which he still enjoys to some degree, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth it if I had to deal with looming deployments.

Any thoughts or insight would be great!