Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Force Questions

1. Regular Member

Air Force Questions

Advertisements
    My SO won't tell me what day he's coming home in December because he wants it to be a surprise which i'm fine with but i don't want him to come home and then i have to work every day and not spend time with him, so I was wondering if someone knew when they usually come home after tech school?
  2. Moderator

Is it after tech school, or does he have a holiday exodus? There's no guarantee they get to come "home" after tech school. It depends on when they are required to report to their first duty station. If there's a holiday exodus from the tech school, that date is different every year for every school and every unit can define their own rules about whether airmen can leave, and exactly when.

I'm sorry... I would just tell him that you need a general date range so you can have time off while he's visiting.
  3. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DG is home after tech school right now:

Really, if he doesn't want to tell you, there's no way for you to know. They get released the day after their graduation, so if he knows when that is, and he probably won't until they finish more blocks, you can base it off that. DG drove here (OH) from FL bc she's staying with me but has to drive an hour to her recruiting office (she's taking RAP) and needs her car. She was here within two days. Others flew and were home the same day. Hell, he could show up on a train. There's no way to know. Just request a few days off work and let him surprise you, I guess.
  4. Regular Member
    He said he comes for like a week or two and then he goes somewhere but I'm not sure where..
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hubby went straight from Tech to his duty station. It depends on if he had leave, permission, ect on if he comes.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    my guess is that he would be home for the holidays, for holiday schedule... perhaps. your best bet is to take off the middle two weeks or the last two weeks of december, if you can. that's what i would do, since you don't know exactly when.
  7. Senior Member
    Have you explained the situation to him? I'd tell him that surprises are wonderful and it's very special that he wants to do that, but that the most important thing is getting to spend time with him, and for that you need notice to be able to take off work. So would he consider telling you the dates so you can make sure that you are able to spend every moment possible with him, rather than being stuck at work while he's home?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Its quite possible he doesn't even know yet when (or if) he will be home. Many go into tech school believing or assuming they get 2 weeks off between tech and duty station, but when it gets to the end, they have no time off and go straight to duty station. Even those in Tech School over the holidays go straight to station and don't go home.

Since he likely cannot give you an answer right now, I would give work a heads up and ask if you can take some last minute time off, even if its just a couple days. If I were a manager, I would prefer my employee tell me now that its possible they may have to take some last minute days of leave in December, possibly around the holidays, so that I could prepare.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Have you explained the situation to him? I'd tell him that surprises are wonderful and it's very special that he wants to do that, but that the most important thing is getting to spend time with him, and for that you need notice to be able to take off work. So would he consider telling you the dates so you can make sure that you are able to spend every moment possible with him, rather than being stuck at work while he's home?
    This. I would be pretty grouchy if my SO didn't give me warning to plan time off.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    Its quite possible he doesn't even know yet when (or if) he will be home. Many go into tech school believing or assuming they get 2 weeks off between tech and duty station, but when it gets to the end, they have no time off and go straight to duty station. Even those in Tech School over the holidays go straight to station and don't go home.

Since he likely cannot give you an answer right now, I would give work a heads up and ask if you can take some last minute time off, even if its just a couple days. If I were a manager, I would prefer my employee tell me now that its possible they may have to take some last minute days of leave in December, possibly around the holidays, so that I could prepare.
    Then he needs to say that. Calling it a surprise and leaving her in the balance isn't cool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast