Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cross training

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Cross training

Advertisements
    Anyone husband's crossed trained in the Air Force? Dh is working on submitting his package. His original career field is back and open so he is hoping to do that, and hoping that it gives him a leg up since he joined doing this job before things changed.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    DH is working on his package. But it all depends on a couple other things he would like on if he is going to submit it. I have the worst anxiety about it only because we would have to move soon and I feel like we just got settled here
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justangelyn View Post
    DH is working on his package. But it all depends on a couple other things he would like on if he is going to submit it. I have the worst anxiety about it only because we would have to move soon and I feel like we just got settled here
    We just got here a year ago I love this place because it's home but I'm also excited at the idea of moving again.
    I'm just not going to think about it. He most likely won't get it because he's not a fta and only like 20 slots open for this job anyway. But the idea is fun.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Junior Member
    Mine did. He went from maintenance to comm. It was the best thing he ever did!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

5. Senior Member
    DH did. He went from maintenance to a flight engineer. Flying squadrons rock.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Senior Member
    Is he still facing a med board? For some reason I didn't think you could put in to cross train if you are facing a med board.
  7. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Is he still facing a med board? For some reason I didn't think you could put in to cross train if you are facing a med board.
    His dr finally put it up and it was kicked back as fit for duty with profile. She pretty much said that since he can do his computer job (ankle Injury causes no problem with sitting! And he can run to safety) he will be retained.
    Now we don't know if the permanent profile will make it so he can't, but it's not like this is something he has to do or get kicked out so its cool if he gets it or if he doesn't.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DH applied to cross train and I have no idea what happens now.
    I think it'll be pretty good for him since he has seemed very frustrated and ready for a change.
    Now it's just a be patient for a while kind of thing
  9. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

DH has crosstrained (I think he cross trained....not really sure lol) a few different times. I don't know exactly what happened because all I know he was like "hey, I'm gonna be training then doing this super secret job now!" then he was like "hey, I won't be doing that anymore. I'm moving to another job". I know it was easier for him to change jobs because both jobs he went into were undermanned and they needed people. I think his original job was overmanned as well.
  10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Turns out dh can't cross train out of his current job which kind of su is cause now that he's in Intel they say you are stuck to the Intel communtiy. And they'd only like 5 bases I think?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress