Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried about DH's clearence if we get married

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Worried about DH's clearence if we get married

Advertisements
    Hello all! I'm new to posting here, but I have been around the block. Something that's been worrying me is the fact that if my sailor and I get married, there will be probelms with his clearence. I'm lead to believe this because I have extensive expierence overseas (and I have plans to continue to stay over seas for at least a few more years. Plus I want to do graduate school overseas, but I have about two and a half more years till graduate school) as well as the fact that I have student loans, quite a lot since I go to a private college, as well as a car loan. I do pay regularly on all my loans as well as credit cards and have never defaulted. I also am an American citizen and I have an American high school diploma. On top of all that, my three siblings would be considered felons, although none of them are in jail and only one served jail time.

My SO is a CTN.

How big of a problem do you think it would be?
    Any way I could make it less of a problem?

Thank you.
  2. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    There isn't anything that jumps out as a problem.
    Your siblings are of no issue.
    As long as you are not delinquent on any debt, its fine. Your experience overseas likely will not be an issue, so long as you are not a foreign national of some country. He just needs to state what your job is on the form. When he gets investigated (depending on the clearance, not all require investigation) they will ask more in depth questions about what your job is. When he talks to the security manager that will submit his clearance he can state that you work overseas so that there are no surprises.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you for the answer! I was under the impression that CTN's needed the highest security clearence, which I assumed would need an investigation. He is also already accepted for his clearence, I'm worried they might take it away after we are married.
  4. Senior Member
    Even if there is an investigation, nothing you posted should be a concern. If you've spent a lot of time in countries like China or Russia, it is possible they will ask more questions of him, but it's not something that would cause a clearance to be denied unless the research showed shady activities.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    If he has already been accepted for his clearance, then all is fine. If he gets it before you are married, they won't take it away from him. But again, nothing you posted is a red flag, not even a yellow flag.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  6. Senior Member
    While they will look at your financials to ensure you are not in serious never getting out of debt and they will look at your family most likely none of it will be a concern. Even if you did forfeit on any debts more than likely it wouldn't affect his security clearance.
  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    As long as he is honest with the investigator, he should be fine.

8. Senior Member
    They did a background check on me when DF reported that we were dating. As long as there is nothing going on they won't pull his clearance, if anything they'll investigate and pull his clearance temporarily. Once they are satisfied with their investigation then they'll reinstate his clearance and you'll be fine.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tofuface View Post
    They did a background check on me when DF reported that we were dating. As long as there is nothing going on they won't pull his clearance, if anything they'll investigate and pull his clearance temporarily. Once they are satisfied with their investigation then they'll reinstate his clearance and you'll be fine.
    Umm why did he have to report yall were dating?
  10. Junior Member
    In regards to your foreign experience, my husband obtained his TS clearance easily even though I am a UK national

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast